Can use Across 6.3 Basic on two computers sequentially, not simultaneously? (i.e. only one PC on!)
Thread poster: Hubbit
Hubbit
Hubbit
Local time: 04:29
German to English
Mar 30, 2017

Hi everyone,
I understand that Across Translator 6.3 Basic edition can only be used on one computer. But does that mean you simply can't have it open on two computers at the same time? Or is there some way by which they stop you using it on a second computer even if the "first" computer is logged out of Across and switched off?!?
Occasionally I would like to use Across on a smaller laptop to take on the road, and I wondered if that will work if it is completely logged out on my
... See more
Hi everyone,
I understand that Across Translator 6.3 Basic edition can only be used on one computer. But does that mean you simply can't have it open on two computers at the same time? Or is there some way by which they stop you using it on a second computer even if the "first" computer is logged out of Across and switched off?!?
Occasionally I would like to use Across on a smaller laptop to take on the road, and I wondered if that will work if it is completely logged out on my main PC? Without paying for Premium.

Hope that is clear, thanks for any tips!
Collapse

Hubbit
Hubbit
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe question not clear, sorry, another try! Apr 3, 2017

I guess no replies means my question wasn't phrased very clearly! (Plus the odd bold formatting which I didn't mean to include...)

To rephrase:
can I use Across translation Edition Basic 6.3 on my main computer on Monday, and then on the Tuesday head out on the road and use Across on my laptop. My computer at home is shut down, so I am not using Across on two computers at a time, just on one computer one day and a different computer the next day. Is that possible? Would the l
... See more
I guess no replies means my question wasn't phrased very clearly! (Plus the odd bold formatting which I didn't mean to include...)

To rephrase:
can I use Across translation Edition Basic 6.3 on my main computer on Monday, and then on the Tuesday head out on the road and use Across on my laptop. My computer at home is shut down, so I am not using Across on two computers at a time, just on one computer one day and a different computer the next day. Is that possible? Would the laptop auto-load the current status of things from the Across server? Or are there files saved on my main computer which wouldn't come across? I am just unsure if the "not on two PCs" prohibition of Across Basic means not open at the same time, or not on two PCs at all!
Thanks for getting rid of my confusion on this point!
Collapse

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Autoloading translations Apr 8, 2017

No, there is no telepathic interface between two computers using across.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can use Across 6.3 Basic on two computers sequentially, not simultaneously? (i.e. only one PC on!)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »