Thread poster: KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
Local time: 15:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2016

Dear Déjà Vu experts
I have noticed that matches from project TMs during autosearch often are listed in arbitrary order. Besides, I wish to order them according to the option "Order of project Translation Memories" (in fig.).

Изображение - savepic.ru — сервис хранения изображений

This issue doesn't disturb me if I use 1-2 project TMs. However, if the project includes few TMs, the order matters.

I wonder, if this feature works in fact, or others also encounter similar troubles.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
other metadata Apr 7, 2016

Client and Subject data are also important. AFAIK, in the case of same match percentage, segments with the same client and/or subject are displayed first.

Project subject: 6- Technology
Segment in 1st TM: 0 - Generalities
Segment in 2nd TM: 6 - Technology

In that case, segment pairs from the second TM will have priority.

KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
Local time: 15:47
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Subject for TM Apr 8, 2016

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Client and Subject data are also important. AFAIK, in the case of same match percentage, segments with the same client and/or subject are displayed first.

Project subject: 6- Technology
Segment in 1st TM: 0 - Generalities
Segment in 2nd TM: 6 - Technology

In that case, segment pairs from the second TM will have priority.

As I understand, a subject is assigned to TM segments in the course of translation, when segments are added to the TM.

Is it possible to assign a subject to TM at a sweep?

I found another workaround -- simply by set up of Penalty values in Translation Memories tab.

Изображение - savepic.ru — сервис хранения изображений

[Edited at 2016-04-08 19:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-04-08 19:30 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:47
English to Turkish
+ ...
Subject for TM Apr 10, 2016

You can change subject and client metadata for a TM using SQL commands, I sometimes use it for client provided TMs but never for my main TM.

You assign subject and client metadata when creating a new project (wizard). And any segments from the project or newly added term pairs will have these data. IMO, SQL commands (not filters) should be used with care.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sorting matches dosn't always work properly

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »