Thread poster: Marlena Teitge
Marlena Teitge
Marlena Teitge
Czech Republic
French to German
+ ...
Aug 1, 2016

Hi!

I've the following problem. I imported a fully translated file into Deja Vu and hit the pretranslation button. After 20 minutes the pretranslation was done but now I can only see a couple of translated sentences. The majority of the segments is empty although I can see my former translations in the TM/AutoSearch. Does anybody have an idea how I can fix this?

[Bearbeitet am 2016-08-01 15:09 GMT]

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 22:31
English to Russian
+ ...
re Aug 3, 2016

Marlida wrote:

Hi!

I've the following problem. I imported a fully translated file into Deja Vu and hit the pretranslation button. After 20 minutes the pretranslation was done but now I can only see a couple of translated sentences. The majority of the segments is empty although I can see my former translations in the TM/AutoSearch. Does anybody have an idea how I can fix this?

[Bearbeitet am 2016-08-01 15:09 GMT]

Check settings in Overwrite and Matching sections in Pretranslate window.

Match function works EXTREMELY BAD in DVX3.

Apotheosis of a strange work of this function IS — same sentences in Normal and in Bold fonts ARE NOT 100% match!!!!????

So if you have even smallest differences in source sentences in TM and Project and check «Accept only exact matches» You may get what You've got.

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 20:31
Please contact support Aug 5, 2016

Hi Marlida!

Please feel free writing to [email protected] so that we can check what happens.
It is probably caused by the settings and should be fixed eeasily.

@Mikhailo: segments with different formatting are considered 99% matches. That is made on purpose, because one might want to check the target formatting.

Kind regards,
Atril Team

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Aug 5, 2016

Atril_TEAM wrote:

Hi Marlida!

Please feel free writing to [email protected] so that we can check what happens.
It is probably caused by the settings and should be fixed eeasily.

@Mikhailo: segments with different formatting are considered 99% matches. That is made on purpose, because one might want to check the target formatting.

Kind regards,
Atril Team

1. Please be more quicker with answers. Nobody wants to wait a response to translator from soft producer. And the forum is better for this purpose because anybody can find answers to their questions without disturbing your stuff.
2. With this I'd like to have an option to put into translation regulated percent matches at pretranslation.

Marlena Teitge
Marlena Teitge
Czech Republic
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still no solution Aug 8, 2016

I tried to use the pre-translation feature also without checking the "accept only exact matches" and still no satisfying results. I got 43 multiple matches out of 21000 segments in total. That's simply not enough. I also repaired the TM but nothing changed.

Any other ideas?

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Aug 8, 2016

Marlida wrote:

I tried to use the pre-translation feature also without checking the "accept only exact matches" and still no satisfying results. I got 43 multiple matches out of 21000 segments in total. That's simply not enough. I also repaired the TM but nothing changed.

Any other ideas?

1. How have You imported fully translated file? As a xliff? So why do you translate it again? Do You mean PREVIOUSLY TRANSLATED AND EXISTED IN TM FILE?
2. Have TM been made in DVX3 with the same source file, that You imported? If not, even full matches seems to be not 100% matches in DVX3. (For example You use Trados/TMX TM). But in any case 43 multiple matches for 21000 segment file - nothing.
3. Check TM connected and their priority.
4. Does the translation lang varieties in TM and project are same (EN-US, EN-GB, PT-BR, PT-PT etc.)
5. Compare Your TM (in notepad by export to TMX) with project file.
6. Email to Atril with TM and project file.

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Local time: 20:31
[email protected] Aug 11, 2016

Email to Atril with TM and project file.

Seconded!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no translations in translation grid after pretranslation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »