DVX3 refuses to import Word(X) XML
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 16:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2017

I got 900mb(???) doc (I can't image - how it was created because W2010 refuses to open it)
It does not opened in DVX3
I've converted it into DOCX, clean it from ole-objects, and got 150 MB docx-file that crashes DVX3 at import.
with error frmProjectNavigator_tvProject_MouseUp.2030
«Method '~' of object '~' failed »

Looking the way to import them I've converted it to word xml, but DVX refuses to import it without any message. What does this mean?
Doe
... See more
I got 900mb(???) doc (I can't image - how it was created because W2010 refuses to open it)
I've converted it into DOCX, clean it from ole-objects, and got 150 MB docx-file that crashes DVX3 at import.

Looking the way to import them I've converted it to word xml, but DVX refuses to import it without any message. What does this mean?
Does Word XML invalid? DVX3 also does not import xml unzipped from docx.

Convertion to rtf in Word finished wtih crash, convertion to word 2003xml - crash.
Is there any other ways to find the cause of problem or defeat this file.

PS. Problem was solved this way

Convert DOCX back to doc (less than 200 GB) and importing it wiith Word doc filter.
As far I know trados studio import this file without any problem - it's a second way - trados sdlxliff ->DVX->trados->docx. But this way You can't join segments.

But question with Word XML remains.

[Редактировалось 2017-03-03 16:39 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
you could try running it through OpenOffice... Mar 3, 2017

mikhailo wrote:

Convertion to rtf in Word finished wtih crash, convertion to word 2003xml - crash.

Convert DOCX back to doc (less than 200 GB) and importing it wiith Word doc filter.
As far I know trados studio import this file without any problem - it's a second way - trados sdlxliff ->DVX->trados->docx. But this way You can't join segments.

… or one of the other free Office suites. That's what I sometimes do with problematic docs.

Or maybe run TransTools (http://www.translatortools.net/about.html ) or CodeZapper on it, although I expect this would take forever given its size.

[Edited at 2017-03-03 16:46 GMT]

Olav Karlsen
Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 15:15
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Lack of Word XML compatibility Apr 1, 2017

mikhailo wrote:

This is the old workaround. I have used it a few times, but I expect it to be solved now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX3 refuses to import Word(X) XML

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »