Any Nordic translators interested in collaborative business?
Thread poster: Isabelle Knudsen
Isabelle Knudsen
Isabelle Knudsen
United States
Local time: 20:09
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 3, 2016

Hello,

My name is Isabelle Knudsen, and I am a freelance translator between Norwegian and English.

I have been thinking up a potential long-term business, and just wanted to see if this would have any potential interest.

I am thinking of starting a collaborative freelance website, i.e. a general website run by a group of freelance translators from the Nordic European countries (Norway, Denmark, and Sweden). This would not be a translation agency with perman
... See more
Hello,

My name is Isabelle Knudsen, and I am a freelance translator between Norwegian and English.

I have been thinking up a potential long-term business, and just wanted to see if this would have any potential interest.

I am thinking of starting a collaborative freelance website, i.e. a general website run by a group of freelance translators from the Nordic European countries (Norway, Denmark, and Sweden). This would not be a translation agency with permanent employees, but rather a website where clients can contact us and request a translation. Every freelance translator would have personal contact with their client and be responsible for any invoicing (payment goes directly to you, not a general "pot" in the collaboration where you only receive a certain percentage).

Ultimately, I am hoping this would have the potential of receiving clients so that we can translate on a regular basis through the website.

As mentioned, it would be more of a "personal" website than a translation agency, as each individual translator will have contact and be responsible for their own client - which can be individuals as well as translation agencies. As the website develops to represent several translators with different specialization, I hope to offer a wide variety of services.

I would love to know if this idea and concept would be of any interest to anyone, or if you have any questions.
Collapse

DEVANATHAN RENGACHARI
DEVANATHAN RENGACHARI  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:39
English to Tamil
+ ...
My reply Sep 4, 2016

Hi,
I am a freelance translator from Bangalore, India. I translate from English to Tamil and vice-versa. I also can transcribe video and audio files in these languages.

I am interested in this idea of having a website for freelance translators, where customers directly contact and enquire about their translation requirements, and get it done also. It is a great idea. Hope it takes off.

R.Devanathan.
+91 98442 60072.

JNBJ
JNBJ
Denmark
Local time: 02:09
Danish to English
+ ...
Interesting idea Jan 12, 2017

Hi Isabelle,

This thread's a few months old now, but if you ever got moving on this, I'd be interested in joining/helping however I can.

Romina Pérez Escorihuela
Romina Pérez Escorihuela  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:09
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have references on something similar... Jan 13, 2017

Dear Isabelle,

I guess this is a great idea. I live in South America (Argentina, by the way) and I have a group of colleagues from Brazil who did exactly the same you propose. I was also invited to join at that time and I agreed. Check this out:
http://www.catalogodetradutores.com.br/pt/inicio
They receive job requests from many different companies and I had also
... See more
Dear Isabelle,

I guess this is a great idea. I live in South America (Argentina, by the way) and I have a group of colleagues from Brazil who did exactly the same you propose. I was also invited to join at that time and I agreed. Check this out:
http://www.catalogodetradutores.com.br/pt/inicio
They receive job requests from many different companies and I had also had the chance to work 2 or 3 times through this alliance.

I am a personal friend of the colleague who organized this website. If you are interested, send me a message and I can put you through her.

All the best!
Romina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any Nordic translators interested in collaborative business?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »