Two free online summits on Health/Nutrition (starting April 29) and Health/Wellness (starting May 6)
Thread poster: Stephanie Busch
Stephanie Busch
Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:41
English to German
+ ...
Apr 27, 2017

250x250_banner_ad_Rev

The 6th annual Food Revolution Summit will be held on April 29 - May 7, 2017.

An introductory video and an overview of the speakers and topics can be found here:

www.foodrevolutionsummit.org

logo-2017.png-1465236113

The 5th annual Hay House World Summit will take place on May 6 - May 23, 2017.

An introductory video and the summit schedule can be found here:

www.hayhouseworldsummit.com

www.hayhouseworldsummit.com/schedule

[Bearbeitet am 2017-04-27 09:43 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2017-04-27 09:43 GMT]

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 06:41
Dutch to English
+ ...
Great information Apr 27, 2017

Thank you Stephanie, good to know. It comes at a busy time for me but I hope to attend at least a few of the sessions on health and nutrition.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
an opinionated serious funny sarcasm Apr 27, 2017

You believe nutrition is the foundation of good health.

I know it’s just not true: although a diet is a factor in a few conditions, but the vast majority of diseases have little to nothing to do with it.

You want delicious food that isn’t full of chemicals, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, or GMOs.

Everything is either organic or nonorganic chemicals, so? According to the standards, the pesticide and antibiotic re
... See more
You believe nutrition is the foundation of good health.

I know it’s just not true: although a diet is a factor in a few conditions, but the vast majority of diseases have little to nothing to do with it.

You want delicious food that isn’t full of chemicals, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, or GMOs.

Everything is either organic or nonorganic chemicals, so? According to the standards, the pesticide and antibiotic residue in food supplies is extremely small to pose any alarming health threats to the consumers. Why, I like hormones, including ‘naturally organic’ herbal hormone-likes, let alone after some 40 years there’s still no reliable proves the Great and Terrible Unspeakable “GMO” is really different from “natural mutations”, say, the crown gall bacterium strains injecting their cells to plants, which then begin to produce the required compounds.

You want to be lean and energetic, and to avoid getting cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and dementia.

Please, could you be more specific about the scientific definition of such double-talking? In addition, which exactly cancer type(s) “prevention”, I wonder? Any PubMed? Even if it’s half-true, it’s absolutely the Nobel Prize (or better hundreds!)

You want to get past the hype and find out what the data really says about gluten, carbs, sugar, and animal protein.

Of course, but who counts? Shortly, when one’s diet is varied and balanced enough, then it’s ok, tasty, and no need to worry.

You think that farmers and animals deserve a decent quality of life.

Indeed, farmers are mostly people whereas some people are some animals too, yet I’m not sure they will get along together.

You want to be a positive influence on the people you love.

Already.

You like to shop at farmer's markets or to buy locally grown.

How about a straight-out answer: Do you promote so-called overpriced “green” and “organically grown” foods or there’s something else?

You want a healthy planet and stable climate for your grandkids.

Oh, yeah! I still can’t believe we did manage to survive that long– cough! How much that Blue Pill? Cough-cough!

You love food!

How did you know?! It’s my favorite medicine for hunger–pretty please!

. . .Not coming.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two free online summits on Health/Nutrition (starting April 29) and Health/Wellness (starting May 6)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »