What is the difference between Heartsome 7 and Heartsome 8?
Thread poster: Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Local time: 23:24
Jan 9, 2013

Heartsome 7 and Heartsome 8 have big difference in many ways. The most important improvements on Heartsome 8 are for usability. You can make you own jugement from following ways:

User interface
File Format support
Whether the Translaiton, Editing and Proofreadin processs is good for your habit

[Edited at 2013-01-09 05:01 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:24
Finnish to French
Why release 7 products still listed on web site? Jan 9, 2013

Your product page stills lists three release 7 products:

Why don't you remove them, now that release 8 is available? I think this only confuses prospective new buyers.

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Local time: 16:24
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
HS CAT bundle 8 still consists of ver. 7 elements. Jan 9, 2013

Dear Dominique,

As far as I know CAT bundle 8 still consists of some elements of the previous bundle, that is why ver. 7 components are still listed. So:

Heartsome CAT bundle 7:

Translation Studio 7
Dict. Editor 7
TMX Editor 7
etc.

Heartsome CAT bundle 8:

Translation Studio 8
Dict. Editor 7
TMX Editor 7
etc.

I don't think it is a unique case. Just take a look at Kilgray's down
... See more
Dear Dominique,

As far as I know CAT bundle 8 still consists of some elements of the previous bundle, that is why ver. 7 components are still listed. So:

Heartsome CAT bundle 7:

Translation Studio 7
Dict. Editor 7
TMX Editor 7
etc.

Heartsome CAT bundle 8:

Translation Studio 8
Dict. Editor 7
TMX Editor 7
etc.

I don't think it is a unique case. Just take a look at Kilgray's download page. You can find not less than five different versions of memoQ at the moment. 4.2, 4.5, 5.0, 6.0 and 6.2. An not a singe word about the differences among them.

Best regards,

Gyula
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:24
Finnish to French
Heartsome product structure is complicated and confusing Jan 9, 2013

Gyula Erdész wrote:
Heartsome CAT bundle 8:

There is no such product as "Heartsome CAT bundle 8", at least I've not been able to find a mention on their site, and I don't think you can purchase it on their webstore.

Gyula Erdész wrote:
I don't think it is a unique case. Just take a look at Kilgray's download page. You can find not less than five different versions of memoQ at the moment. 4.2, 4.5, 5.0, 6.0 and 6.2. An not a singe word about the differences among them.

There's a reason for making all this older versions available for download, although I agree with you it is not mentioned upfront: translators who need to access a memoQ server must use the version that matches the server version.

OTOH, if you go to Kilgray's webstore, there's only one version of memoQ you can buy: memoQ translator pro. Kilgray used to have two editions: standard and translator pro. They got rid of the cheaper standard edition and it was a good thing IMO. Wordfast Pro also had two editions (Pro and Pro Plus), which they merged into a single product (also a good thing IMO). Déjà Vu had three editions (Standard, Professional, Workgroup): they have cut it down to two (Professional, Workgroup), though the price difference when discounted is now so small it doesn't make much sense to have two (especially since the "Workgroup" edition includes features that competing tools offer as standard, eg. the ability to export as XLIFF or "unclean" DOC). Heartsome has three editions you need to choose from: Personal, Professional, Ultimate. It's confusing, and probably harming rather than helping sales. They should cut it down to two, or preferably one. The market is very competitive nowadays, lesser known tools can't afford to sell crippled versions: if they have a useful feature (eg. support for context matches in the case of Heartsome), it should be made available to all users. Otherwise prospective buyers will go to other tools: for instance, you can get Déjà Vu X2 Professional for less than 300 euros when discounted and it includes support for context matches.

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Off topic, but interesting :) Jan 9, 2013

Dominique Pivard wrote:
There is no such product as "Heartsome CAT bundle 8", at least I've not been able to find a mention on their site, and I don't think you can purchase it on their webstore.

I did'n find it on the website either. I think Felix, support professional at Heartsome mentioned it to me. I hope they read this thread and correct me if I were wrong.

Dominique Pivard wrote:
There's a reason for making all this older versions available for download, although I agree with you it is not mentioned upfront: translators who need to access a memoQ server must use the version that matches the server version.

I know this idea behind the 5 different versions. Anyway, you pointed out one of the biggest flaws of memoQ's evolution. Backward compatibility is something you expect from software in these days. Just imagine the situation when you bought MS Office 2013 and wouldn't be able to open .doc files created in Office 2003.

Dominique Pivard wrote:
The market is very competitive nowadays, lesser known tools can't afford to sell crippled versions: if they have a useful feature (eg. support for context matches in the case of Heartsome), it should be made available to all users. Otherwise prospective buyers will go to other tools: for instance, you can get Déjà Vu X2 Professional for less than 300 euros when discounted and it includes support for context matches.

Agree. The market is crowded and you have to show something new. With Studio 8 Heartsome steal a march on other software developers of the platform independent CAT segment.

On the other hand, Heartsome and DejaVu X2 is not the same league, just think of the unique Deep Miner function and the much more sophisticated terminology handling of the latter.

Best regards,

Gyula

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Editor and Dictionary Editor under development Jan 9, 2013

TMX Editor and Dictionary Editor is still ver.7, so they two still listed on Heartsome website. TMX Editor and Dictionary Editor are under development. We wish to add more practical features.

Gyula Erdesz
Gyula Erdesz
Hungary
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Heartsome 8 bundle? Jan 9, 2013

Heartsome Support wrote:

TMX Editor and Dictionary Editor is still ver.7, so they two still listed on Heartsome website. TMX Editor and Dictionary Editor are under development. We wish to add more practical features.

Thanks for the reply.

Heartsome support is already far better than the support of some other prestigious tools. Keep it up!

In the case of HS7 you could buy the Translation Editor and the additional tools (TMX Editor, Dictionary Editor, etc.) as a bundle or separately. What is with Heartsome Studio 8? If I buy HS8, do I get these tools free?

As Dominique pointed out, your website does not clearly state this.

Regards,

Gyula

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
TOPIC STARTER
Next exciting build Jan 10, 2013

Heartsome team does put much effort to develop some interesting features on Heartsome 8. But we know this is far more from enough, we are on the way.

[Edited at 2013-01-10 15:21 GMT]

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
TOPIC STARTER
Heartsome CAT products structure Jan 10, 2013

Current Heartsome CAT products structure overview:

Thank you all for your good opinions on the product and edition planning. We'll seriously consider simplifying Heartsome product structure.

For sales information, please contact our sales staff.

[Edited at 2013-01-10 15:18 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

What is the difference between Heartsome 7 and Heartsome 8?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »