AgataDe
AgataDe
Poland
Local time: 07:02
Polish to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2016

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here. I am new to this site and to translation business, but I have already done a couple of works, projects and interpretations. However, now I've got the document entitled "General release," which deals with an insurance company being released from any further claims and rights after the insured party is being paid.

Does anyone have expertise in this field? Has anyone translated such papers into Polish language? To be honest, I h
... See more
Hello everyone,

this is my first post here. I am new to this site and to translation business, but I have already done a couple of works, projects and interpretations. However, now I've got the document entitled "General release," which deals with an insurance company being released from any further claims and rights after the insured party is being paid.

Does anyone have expertise in this field? Has anyone translated such papers into Polish language? To be honest, I have not met with this term in Polish language, I've tried to find different explanations and potential meanings of it, but I cannot find any document like this in Polish language.

Can anyone help and tell how to name this issue in general? How can I interpret "release" in Polish in this particular context? Is it "zwolnienie", "wypowiedzenie", or something different? I am asking because maybe there is a particular term, which would be suitable for use here.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Collapse

Catherine Howard
Catherine Howard
United States
Local time: 02:02
Portuguese to English
+ ...
best to post question in Kudoz Jul 1, 2016

Hi - welcome! That kind of question is best raised in the Kudoz section. Provide as much of the surrounding sentence as you can without violating confidentiality (you can also change a few irrelevant words), which will help provide context to others. Read the guidelines there and you'll get an idea of how it works. People usually answer very quickly. It can be kind of fun participating with helping others too.

There are some other terminology resources in Proz: on the menu in the up
... See more
Hi - welcome! That kind of question is best raised in the Kudoz section. Provide as much of the surrounding sentence as you can without violating confidentiality (you can also change a few irrelevant words), which will help provide context to others. Read the guidelines there and you'll get an idea of how it works. People usually answer very quickly. It can be kind of fun participating with helping others too.

There are some other terminology resources in Proz: on the menu in the upper right-hand section of this page, hover over "Terminology" and explore what's there. Take the community-built glossary with a grain of salt: they have suggestions but they may not be perfect.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"general release" in insurance field

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »