Undergraduate Student Looking to get into Translation/Interpretation (London)
Thread poster: stanislaw3333
stanislaw3333
stanislaw3333
United Kingdom
Apr 27, 2017

I am an undergraduate student living in London, looking to go into interpreting next year. I was looking around at options and I found that there is the dpsi as well as the community interpreting certificate course, or I also have the option of doing an MA in interpretation. I just don't know which direction to go, and what is too easy/ hard for me. I am an excellent English speaker, and my other language (polish) I speak at a native level, however in terms of reading and writing I am rusty (tha... See more
I am an undergraduate student living in London, looking to go into interpreting next year. I was looking around at options and I found that there is the dpsi as well as the community interpreting certificate course, or I also have the option of doing an MA in interpretation. I just don't know which direction to go, and what is too easy/ hard for me. I am an excellent English speaker, and my other language (polish) I speak at a native level, however in terms of reading and writing I am rusty (that can be quickly fixed with some work).

I am looking for any tips on what course would be the best for me, I am interested in police/ public service interpreting mostly. Also would like to know if I can find any freelance work without these diplomas.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Undergraduate Student Looking to get into Translation/Interpretation (London)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »