Ireland
Local time: 20:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm slightly confused. Apr 10, 2014

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

But the OP wrote:
This "new" user seems to have been able to suppress the ProZ history of questions asked, so there's no longer much record of what might be regarded as a recommencement of system abuse.

Something does not seem right here.
If I keep my profile and simply change my user name, all of my history, including KudoZ questions asked should remain intact. However, he OP says the person's past questions are not visible.

Just going to their profile doesn't seem to show their history. It hasn't been deleted though - a member showed me a URL format that displays it if you know how:
http://www.proz.com/profile/999999?show_mode=kudoz&sub_mode=asked
(where 999999 is to be replaced with whatever userid you want to see).

[Edited at 2014-04-10 16:51 GMT]

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
There is an option to show or hide Apr 10, 2014

one's Kudoz history on one's profile page. Some people simply love to show their many, many Kudoz pointz and even point visitors directly to them but others prefer to hide the fact they ask over 1000x more than they answer. Everyone is free to flaunt or flee, whatever they think is best for them.
Fwiw, I currently hide mine because I find Kudoz pointz have lost their original oomph. Show up on Kudoz 24/7, answer everything that is asked and the points will come flooding in, whether the an
... See more
one's Kudoz history on one's profile page. Some people simply love to show their many, many Kudoz pointz and even point visitors directly to them but others prefer to hide the fact they ask over 1000x more than they answer. Everyone is free to flaunt or flee, whatever they think is best for them.
Fwiw, I currently hide mine because I find Kudoz pointz have lost their original oomph. Show up on Kudoz 24/7, answer everything that is asked and the points will come flooding in, whether the answer is correct, sort of correct or completely off the walls. In a couple of my pairs, omnipresence = omniscience, or so it now seems.

[Toggle visibility of this section to visitors] KudoZ activity

[Edited at 2014-04-10 17:14 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 17:02
SITE STAFF
You can control what is visible and what is not in your profile Apr 10, 2014

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Something does not seem right here.
If I keep my profile and simply change my user name, all of my history, including KudoZ questions asked should remain intact. However, he OP says the person's past questions are not visible.

Can you clarify what is going on?

As writeaway clarifies, each profile owner can choose whether to display their KudoZ history or not, as with most other fields in the profile.

A change of username or anything else does not remove the actual KudoZ history, or any other site activity history.

Jared

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:02
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
The case of actual old wine in new wineskins Oct 7, 2015

I am resurrecting this thread, because I have a question.
The rules state (specifically General Rule #7: http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/7#7
that only one profile is allowed per person.
Is it possible for someone to delete their profile, then create a completely new one, with a different name, without any connection to the old profile? Deleted profiles have a trace on the
... See more
I am resurrecting this thread, because I have a question.
The rules state (specifically General Rule #7: http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/7#7
that only one profile is allowed per person.
Is it possible for someone to delete their profile, then create a completely new one, with a different name, without any connection to the old profile? Deleted profiles have a trace on the site, the user name would have xxx in front of it in all Forum and KudoZ contributions, and when a user clicks on that xxx... user name, a message is displayed saying that the profile no longer exists.
Postings from the new profile are shown with the new name, effectively removing the person's history on the site. Is this an acceptable method of using the site, especially in light of Rule #6 on misrepresentation? http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/6#6
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 17:02
SITE STAFF
Please report any specific rules violations to support staff Oct 15, 2015

Hi Katalin,

It is possible to delete a profile and register a new one, yes. Staff have means to detect when this kind of activity is related to violations of site rules (usually it is not). If you believe you have detected a case where a site rule is being broken, however, please do report this to support staff for investigation. Thanks.

Jared

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old wine in new wineskins?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »