Thread poster: Paula Loubier
Paula Loubier
Paula Loubier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:17
French to English
+ ...
Oct 7, 2016

Hello. I have a small, easy translation to do for a US police department. I have been given a file from France, obviously printed out from a judiciary filing system (CNIL?). There are some abbreviations running along the left margin in all caps, most of which are not actually words, but composites of words. Does anyone know of a reference I can use to figure these out? I poked around online and found a number of references for the Judex system, but nothing that gives the abbreviations. Some of t... See more
Hello. I have a small, easy translation to do for a US police department. I have been given a file from France, obviously printed out from a judiciary filing system (CNIL?). There are some abbreviations running along the left margin in all caps, most of which are not actually words, but composites of words. Does anyone know of a reference I can use to figure these out? I poked around online and found a number of references for the Judex system, but nothing that gives the abbreviations. Some of them are:

UPVA: (followed by a long number, so I assume it's the case file number, but I'm not sure)
LIBUNITE: Followed by BT. and a name, perhaps the officer's name?
TYPAFF: Followed by RES
DEPINF: followed by a 2 digit number (Maybe Department information?)
MANOP: Followed by a description of the events of the case. I'm stumped on what MANOP might stand for.

So, many of them I can guess at based on the type of information following the abbreviation, but guessing is probably not the best strategy
Any idea where I can find these out?

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abréviations dans un fichier Judex Affaires

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »