Annika Hedqvist
Annika Hedqvist  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 05:15
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 10, 2017

I'm a Trados user and I'm only using MemoQ as freeware together with a license from the translation agency I'm currently working for. I now have a document with a lot of fuzzies and I would like to go through it quickly, withouth having to read every segment carefully. (The fuzzies are my own, so I know they're good. There were just two very similar documents in one batch.)

My problem is that it seems that MemoQ doesn't mark up the fuzzies the way that Trados does. I can see that I
... See more
I'm a Trados user and I'm only using MemoQ as freeware together with a license from the translation agency I'm currently working for. I now have a document with a lot of fuzzies and I would like to go through it quickly, withouth having to read every segment carefully. (The fuzzies are my own, so I know they're good. There were just two very similar documents in one batch.)

My problem is that it seems that MemoQ doesn't mark up the fuzzies the way that Trados does. I can see that I have a 78% match, but I don't get a comparison, so that percentage number seems pretty useless to me. Trados would mark up exactly which words are different in the source by striking through and marking the new word in red font. Is there no way of making MemoQ do something similar?

(It also seems rather clumsy that I have to right click and do "view/edit" or insert the hit to be able to see the entire fuzzy match segment, but that's only a related nuisance.)
Collapse

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
Romanian to English
+ ...
Right pane? Feb 10, 2017

Annika Hedqvist wrote:

My problem is that it seems that MemoQ doesn't mark up the fuzzies the way that Trados does. I can see that I have a 78% match, but I don't get a comparison, so that percentage number seems pretty useless to me. Trados would mark up exactly which words are different in the source by striking through and marking the new word in red font. Is there no way of making MemoQ do something similar?

(It also seems rather clumsy that I have to right click and do "view/edit" or insert the hit to be able to see the entire fuzzy match segment, but that's only a related nuisance.)

You should be able to see that in the right-side pane called Translation results.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Markup of source difference for MemoQ fuzzies

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »