Segmenting after Tabs
Thread poster: alainabran
alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 04:49
Spanish to English
Feb 16, 2017

Hi all,
I am trying to add a segmentation rule to memoQ to segment after tabs. I've tried adding "Tab." to the Simple view. I've tried adding both "Tab." and "\t" to the custom list for #end#. Neither worked. How would I write a regular expression to segment after tabs, or is there another method I can try to get memoQ to segment after tabs?
Thank you,
Alaina

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:49
English to Russian
It was impossible Feb 16, 2017

A couple years ago I asked MemoQ support team, how can I segment the text by tabs. Unfortunately the answer was "it's impossible". So I use Ctrl-T instead...

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I think it should be relatively simple Feb 16, 2017

Have a look at this: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/298937-inline_tag_for_segmentation.html

… where Stepan Konev says:

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break... See more
Have a look at this: http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/298937-inline_tag_for_segmentation.html

… where Stepan Konev says:

If not, then try Document import settings.
'Import with options' -> select 'MS Word 2007+' -> 'Change filter and configuration' -> General tab -> Special characters section -> Soft break -> choose what fits best for you.
*The same applies to Tabs. If you still see (but do not want to see) tab tags in your Editor, then select 'Start new segment' for Tab.
** You can save this configuration to avoid defining it each time. Next time you 'Import with options', just select the as-saved configuration from 'Configuration' drop-down list (instead of 'default [read-only]')

http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015/help-en/index.html?microsoft_office_word_2007_doc.html

Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
instructions Feb 16, 2017

Basically, import a doc with" Import with options". Then click on "Change filter and configuration", and switch "Tab" to "Start new segment":

segment-on-tabs-in-memoQ

Stefan Budrich

alainabran
alainabran
Local time: 04:49
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the suggestions! Feb 16, 2017

Thank you!

[Edited at 2017-02-16 20:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmenting after Tabs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »