How can I change a confirmed segment in many documents
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 08:41
German to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2017

I have a project with very many documents (>50). These documents are very similar, but three segments need to be changed in most of these documents (which have all been confirmed). How can I best do this? I have tried clearing all translations, but the old (incorrect) segment rather than the new corrected segment is inserted.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Create a view Mar 17, 2017

If it is a local project of your own, you can easily create a view and then anything you change in the first instance of a segment gets propagated to all the files (as long as you have autopropagation turned on). After making any edits, delete the view. The individual documents are updated automatically (even before you delete the view).

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autopropagation Mar 17, 2017

Thanks for your reply, I created a view but there seems that something is still missing.

Although "Allow auto-propagation" and "Overwrite confirmed settings" are both set, no changes are propagated in the view.

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:41
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Search and replace Mar 22, 2017

Just select the proper scope: "open documents" or "entire project".

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Also "Work on views" Mar 22, 2017

Thanks for the tip. What actually was missing was that the "Work on views" checkbox was not set; I would have thought this was the default because I was editing the view. It now works as I require.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I change a confirmed segment in many documents

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »