Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 18:47
German to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2017

Hello colleagues,

Has anybody updated to MemoQ 8.1 (64 bit version)? I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks a million in advance.
OS Windows 10, Office 2016.

[Edited at 2017-07-24 06:38 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Working alright! Jul 24, 2017

Yes, we in the office are running 64-bit memoQ 8.1.4 on different machines, including a Windows 10, and everything goes quite alright!

As I have reported to Kilgray already, the one feature I do not like at all is the new Find/Replace dialog box. I liked the previous one better, as it was simpler to use. I use Find/Replace a lot because of our workflow here, and the fact that the new dialog box is rather dumb and has to be set up time and time again is quite counterproductive.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Find and replace" function Jul 24, 2017

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:

Yes, we in the office are running 64-bit memoQ 8.1.4 on different machines, including a Windows 10, and everything goes quite alright!

As I have reported to Kilgray already, the one feature I do not like at all is the new Find/Replace dialog box. I liked the previous one better, as it was simpler to use. I use Find/Replace a lot because of our workflow here, and the fact that the new dialog box is rather dumb and has to be set up time and time again is quite counterproductive.

works badly with MQ 2015, too. It finds some words and then says "no more matches found" but in reality there are umpteen more matches.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:47
Danish to English
+ ...
Shift+F3 wrecked Jul 24, 2017

The one thing in version 8.1 that is making me stay on version 2015 is the horrible new Shift+F3 menu, which slows typing down.

Fortunately you don't need to upgrade (and override the previous version). You can simply install the new version next to the existing ones and try to see if you like it or not.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 24, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

The one thing in version 8.1 that is making me stay on version 2015 is the horrible new Shift+F3 menu, which slows typing down.

Fortunately you don't need to upgrade (and override the previous version). You can simply install the new version next to the existing ones and try to see if you like it or not.

I wasn't aware of this option, sounds good.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:47
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Rolled back Jul 24, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Same here. I rolled back to 7.8.167 because of the annoying new Shift+F3 feature.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ 8.1 (64 bit version)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »