Thread poster: amelie08
amelie08
amelie08
Türkiye
Local time: 17:15
Turkish to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 1, 2017

I worked with a company, after i worked for them, I realized that they are banned from proz. They still didnt reply me about payment. What I am going to do?company is spanish If iy is not forbidden I can tell the name.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:15
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
In accordance with the site rules Mar 4, 2017

it is not allowed to discuss outsourcers specifically, so no names, please.

It is always advisable to check the Blue Board and other sources before accepting a job. You can make an entry for them, though.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:15
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Sorry to hear about this Mar 4, 2017

amelie08 wrote:
I worked with a company, after i worked for them, I realized that they are banned from proz. They still didnt reply me about payment. What I am going to do?company is spanish If iy is not forbidden I can tell the name.

I'm afraid we all need to do lots of checks before working with a new client. It's part of risk management and you can find some information here for next time: http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Risk_management_for_translators_and_interpreters

What you can do this time depends on a few things:

Is the company still solvent? You can use this link to kick off a check of their financial status: http://www.strongabogados.com/company-search.php If they have ceased trading then there's very little you can do.

Do they tend to pay if pushed? Some very nasty companies will pay if they have to, but not otherwise. Contact some of those who have posted on the Blue Board to find out what happened, and what worked for them.

What have you done so far? There are loads of things you can do, and a couple you really should do, that are free. You should add your entry to the BB, to show that things are still not right with this company. Then make sure they know you're there: you can phone every number you have; send emails to every address you have - remember a single email address can be hijacked/corrupted; try Skype; send messages through their website; send messages via their ProZ.com profile. Don't go over the top to the point of harassment on these methods though. Make sure your reminders are worded correctly: the first one should be polite and assume the late payment is an error; then polite but "we need to get this sorted"; then becoming more formal, with more legalese, but never threatening - it isn't personal, it's business. At some stage you should send an official "final demand" the old-fashioned way, i.e. on paper in an envelope addressed to their registered office (the address on your invoice). You should send it registered post so that you have proof of delivery, or rejection. It should state a date for payment, after which you will take further action. Once that date has passed, you can consider the courts or a debt recovery company.

mariealpilles
mariealpilles  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:15
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
I cannot get my payment Mar 5, 2017

If it is the company in the UK i am thinking of, you will get payment by pestering them and threatening them, and especially by putting a note on the BB. If they are the people I am thinking of, do not hesitate to get in touch with me on my private email. I will give you the strategy I used and worked (but it took me about 2 months).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I cannot get my payment

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »