John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:50
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2017

One of my clients pays me through Payoneer. This worked fine for about 6 months, but this month, on the day I was supposed to be paid, I got a "Message from Account Approval Department" saying that they needed more documentation to verify my identity. I sent them a photo of my driver's license but they still haven't released my $516 and have stopped responding to my emails. Looking over reviews of Payoneer on the web, I see that many people are having the same problem as me. Has anyone had simil... See more
One of my clients pays me through Payoneer. This worked fine for about 6 months, but this month, on the day I was supposed to be paid, I got a "Message from Account Approval Department" saying that they needed more documentation to verify my identity. I sent them a photo of my driver's license but they still haven't released my $516 and have stopped responding to my emails. Looking over reviews of Payoneer on the web, I see that many people are having the same problem as me. Has anyone had similar problems with Payoneer? Any suggestions for getting them to pay up?Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:50
Member (2008)
Italian to English
AS bad Apr 15, 2017

5 minutes with Google suggests to me that the people who own Payoneer have questionable antecedents. I presume they make their billions in the same way as PayPal does: by withholding other people's money and making it very difficult for them to retrieve it.

I left PayPal a long time ago and will never have anything more to do with it. All of these "payment systems" seem to work on the same principle.

All I can suggest is that you keep on trying, and thereafter have not
... See more
5 minutes with Google suggests to me that the people who own Payoneer have questionable antecedents. I presume they make their billions in the same way as PayPal does: by withholding other people's money and making it very difficult for them to retrieve it.

I left PayPal a long time ago and will never have anything more to do with it. All of these "payment systems" seem to work on the same principle.

All I can suggest is that you keep on trying, and thereafter have nothing to do with them. My google searches threw up quite a few disgruntled customers who, like you, have lost their money and can't seem to contact anyone.

[Edited at 2017-04-15 08:00 GMT]
Collapse

cloudhunter (X)
cloudhunter (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:50
English to German
+ ...
PayPal Apr 16, 2017

John Fry wrote:

One of my clients pays me through Payoneer. This worked fine for about 6 months, but this month, on the day I was supposed to be paid, I got a "Message from Account Approval Department" saying that they needed more documentation to verify my identity. I sent them a photo of my driver's license but they still haven't released my $516 and have stopped responding to my emails. Looking over reviews of Payoneer on the web, I see that many people are having the same problem as me. Has anyone had similar problems with Payoneer? Any suggestions for getting them to pay up?

I had a very similar issue with PayPal. They froze our money (about 2000EUR) after we had reached a certain amount. It took 45 days (!!!) for them to process the documents we handed in. Afterwards they made a company account of our old one. No change for us except for the fees, which got ridiculously high. No payment system ever since. Not worth the fuss.

Sohair Derbalah
Sohair Derbalah  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:50
English to Arabic
+ ...
A client doesn’t want to pay me Apr 16, 2017

Hi all,
I've worked for a translation company in Dubai for a year and they used to delay in responding to payment emails and performing payment as well.
Now they are refusing to pay me 4 months invoices I sent many emails with no reply. Then they called me saying do what ever you can as they won't pay.
What do you think about this situation??
Thank you.

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:50
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: paid by bank transfer Apr 25, 2017

Today Payoneer finally paid me my $516 by bank transfer. The lesson I draw from this experience is to beware the Payoneer prepaid Mastercards. There seem to be a lot of complaints about them on WWW forums. If you must get paid through Payoneer, choose the bank transfer option instead. So far my Payoneer bank transfers have always gone through.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:50
English to Italian
Money laundering Apr 25, 2017

John Fry wrote:

Today Payoneer finally paid me my $516 by bank transfer. The lesson I draw from this experience is to beware the Payoneer prepaid Mastercards. There seem to be a lot of complaints about them on WWW forums. If you must get paid through Payoneer, choose the bank transfer option instead. So far my Payoneer bank transfers have always gone through.

Something similar to what you wrote happened to me in the past with PayPal. They asked me to send them a few docs to verify my identity, saying it was required by legislation against money laundering, since the total amount of money I had received that year triggered that check on their part. So perhaps that's what happened to you as well? (e.g. http://goo.gl/QUP3SU )

At any rate, I find it quite weird that they should ask you to send them documentation without telling you why, and then stop answering your emails...

@Sohair - Sorry to hear about what happened to you, but perhaps you should start your own thread to get some advice about your situation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems getting paid by Payoneer?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »