Any translators in Timisoara, Romania that can assist with collecting funds on outstanding invoice,
Thread poster: Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:19
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 28, 2017

I have a client in Timisoara, Romania that owes me money. They have owed this money for about 2 years now and have stopped replying to my emails etc. I am seeking a translator who lives in the area willing to help me try and collect on this. I am willing to offer a percentage of the money recovered.
Let me know if you can help. Thank you.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:19
French to German
+ ...
Debt collecting agency? Apr 28, 2017

Why don't you try to collect the money with a debt collecting agency?

Attention: 2 years is a long time. You'll soon be not able to get that money anymore...

Helene Olsen Richards
United States
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Debt Collection Apr 28, 2017

I have tried a debt collection agency. Problem is that collecting via an agency across boarders is not easy plus its easy to ignore email and phone calls. I am sure its likely I will not get it resolved ,but I have found that personal visits can be more productive as its harder to ignore someone coming to your office.

Also trying to figure out what the court system is in Romania for small claims.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Sorry, but strange request Apr 28, 2017

Helene1974 wrote:

I have a client in Timisoara, Romania that owes me money. They have owed this money for about 2 years now and have stopped replying to my emails etc. I am seeking a translator who lives in the area willing to help me try and collect on this. I am willing to offer a percentage of the money recovered.
Let me know if you can help. Thank you.

I understand you want your money, but to ask an innocent colleague to do your (perhaps dirty) work? Why don't they pay, what is the situation there and it is Timisoara.

I would suggest visit Europe this summer and make also a trip to Romania, might be worthwhile.

[Edited at 2017-04-28 19:41 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-04-28 19:43 GMT]

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:19
German to Turkish
+ ...
Blueboard Apr 29, 2017

Did you make a Blueboard entry regarding this issue?

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Czech to French
+ ...
Local agency Apr 29, 2017

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

I understand you want your money, but to ask an innocent colleague to do your (perhaps dirty) work?

Perhaps not to do it, but to recommend a local collection agency that could be more succesful (and, from what I know of the country, employ some more energetic methods).

Helene Olsen Richards
United States
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It may be strange Apr 29, 2017

I've reported this on the Bluebosrd yes.
I understand it's a strange request but certainly more effective than emails.
If you are not interested in doing it, that's quite ok- is only inquiring as to whether someone out there can and have some experience doing it.
Translators get the short end of the stick too often.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any translators in Timisoara, Romania that can assist with collecting funds on outstanding invoice,

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »