Error. Please HELP!
Thread poster: EngToEsp
EngToEsp
EngToEsp
Spain
Feb 17, 2016

When trying to open a project this message appears:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The specified project can´t be loaded!
javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,coo]:[418,9]
Message: The type of element "tuv" has to end with the final tag "".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am working with and odt
... See more

javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,coo]:[418,9]

I am working with and odt (Open Office) document as source, wich also fails to open in Open Office.

Any help on how to fix this, please?
At least how to open once again the odt to save the text?
I wouldn´t mind to send the odt file to you if you know how to open it and save the text.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:17
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not source file Feb 17, 2016

You problem has nothing to do with the source file. Most probably, the project working translation memory [1] project_save.tmx is broken. Try to open it in a text editor and close missing tags (you should understand the XML markup). Or, if available, try to restore one of previous backup files.

[1] Archivos y directorios de OmegaT

[Edited at 2016-02-17 08:33 GMT]

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:17
English to French
+ ...
Check backups Feb 17, 2016

EngToEsp wrote:

javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at |row,coo|:|418,9|

It looks as if a TMX were corrupted.
If you have no TMX file in the /tm folder, then the main project TMX is perhaps corrupted.
You can restore a backup.
See http://omegat.sourceforge.net/manual-latest/en/chapter.translation.memories.html

I am working with and odt (Open Office) document as source, wich also fails to open in Open Office.

I suppose you mean the target document. The source document shouldn't be corrupted.

Any help on how to fix this, please?

If the target document is corrupted, that's possibly because there are some damaged tags.
See http://omegat.sourceforge.net/manual-latest/en/chapter.formatted.text.html

At least how to open once again the odt to save the text?
I wouldn´t mind to send the odt file to you if you know how to open it and save the text.

There's nothing to do with the .odt file. All your translation is in the project's translation memory.
If you need more detailed assistance, I recommend asking for help in the Yahoo user group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OmegaT/info

Didier

EngToEsp
EngToEsp
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot. Feb 17, 2016

I finally managed to fix it using one of the backup copies.
I didn´t know about this.
Thanks so much to both of you for your help (this really saved me hours of work!!)

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Error. Please HELP!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »