BabelOn-line
BabelOn-line
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:42
English to French
+ ...
Jun 30, 2017

Hello, Prozians

Got an .xml file to translate, structure of file looks simple enough - see sample below.

After checking previous posts, it seems that OmegaT will only translate certain flavours of xml - or file types that are xml based.

Is there a safe - and reasonably simple – way to convert my generic .xml file into something else in order to process it with OmegaT (and then of course revert my translation to the original format)?

C
... See more
Hello, Prozians

Got an .xml file to translate, structure of file looks simple enough - see sample below.

After checking previous posts, it seems that OmegaT will only translate certain flavours of xml - or file types that are xml based.

Is there a safe - and reasonably simple – way to convert my generic .xml file into something else in order to process it with OmegaT (and then of course revert my translation to the original format)?

Could not find any clear yes/no indication of this is feasible or not - nor a simple step by step.

Thanks for your input.

≤?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?≥
≤data≥
≤entry key="Account_CompleteCustomerServiceRepresentativeRegistration_Completing_ErrorMessage"≥Your default contacts could not be created, but your account is confirmed.≤/entry≥
≤entry key="Account_CompleteUserRegistrationController_Completing_ErrorMessage"≥Your registration has not yet been completed. Please enter your contact details after logging in.≤/entry≥
≤entry key="Account_Password_Completing_ChangeButton"≥Request≤/entry≥
≤entry key="Account_Password_Finished_LoginLink"≥Log in≤/entry≥≤entry key="Account_Password_Finished_Message"≥Your password has been successfully changed. You can now use your new details to {0}.≤/entry≥

blah blah

≤/data≥
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:42
Russian to English
+ ...
Did you check File Filters in OmegaT Jul 1, 2017

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you go to Options > File Filters within the OmegaT program, it will tell you what formats are supported.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:42
English to French
+ ...
Use the Okapi Filters plugin Jul 1, 2017

BabelOn-line wrote:

You don't have to convert your file. You can use the generic XML filter fro the Okapi Filters plugin:
http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=Okapi_Filters_Plugin_for_OmegaT

You then describe what you need to translate with ITS:
http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=XML_Filter

Didier

BabelOn-line
BabelOn-line
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:42
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 2, 2017

This very much looks like the answer I needed.

Thx for the very prompt response - and have a great Sunday..

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Simple step by step to translate XML

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »