Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can a client order a "Revision job" on a file clearly translated via Google Translate?
Thread poster: guilhermesilva
John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:23
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Clueless end clients Jul 5, 2016

It's seems to be something that is happening more frequently - an end client thinks, "Why should I pay for the complete translation when Google Translate will do half the job for free?" Then the agency, staffed by PMs who are managers, not linguists, hands the "revision" job on to the translator who then has to explain to the PM what's happened and why the job has to be translated over again from the original.

It's happened to me several times in the last few months.

[Edited
... See more
It's seems to be something that is happening more frequently - an end client thinks, "Why should I pay for the complete translation when Google Translate will do half the job for free?" Then the agency, staffed by PMs who are managers, not linguists, hands the "revision" job on to the translator who then has to explain to the PM what's happened and why the job has to be translated over again from the original.

It's happened to me several times in the last few months.

[Edited at 2016-07-06 13:42 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can a client order a "Revision job" on a file clearly translated via Google Translate?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »