cloudhunter (X)
cloudhunter (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:49
English to German
+ ...
Jun 12, 2017

Good evening,

me and my husband are both freelance translators and until now I was the only one having a paid proz account.

Now my husband wants to have one of his own to be able to address clients directly. The question is - we share an IP - will we get merged or are there going to be any link in my profile to his profile?

We work together from time to time but we are two independent translators and do not wish to be linked with each other. His idea is to
... See more
Good evening,

me and my husband are both freelance translators and until now I was the only one having a paid proz account.

Now my husband wants to have one of his own to be able to address clients directly. The question is - we share an IP - will we get merged or are there going to be any link in my profile to his profile?

We work together from time to time but we are two independent translators and do not wish to be linked with each other. His idea is to become an outsourcer as well and I am not going to be outsorcing anything. Will his BB link be in my profile, too?
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:49
Chinese to English
+ ...
Shouldn't be any problems Jun 12, 2017

As far as I understand the only problem would be if you are using the same browser on the same computer, since you won't be able to stay logged in simultaneously. Otherwise, there is no connection whatsoever and technically you could even have multiple accounts on your own.

cloudhunter (X)
cloudhunter (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:49
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To some extent Jun 12, 2017

Lincoln Hui wrote:

As far as I understand the only problem would be if you are using the same browser on the same computer, since you won't be able to stay logged in simultaneously. Otherwise, there is no connection whatsoever and technically you could even have multiple accounts on your own.

Thank you, Lincoln.
Using one browser should not be a problem because we use separate computers anyway. However, I have seen some profiles here, which are all linked to one BB account. I do wish to avoid it as I do not outsource my texts and would not like to make my clients think I do.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:49
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Have you tried it? Jun 12, 2017

I can't see any technical reasons that would cause problems, although I'm the opposite of an IT expert. But it is quite feasible that ProZ.com will reject the second profile immediately or at some future time. This is because we're only allowed one profile each. So I advise you to raise a Support Ticket to ask for their advice.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:49
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Your account will only be linked to the Blue Board record if you outsource work from your account Jun 13, 2017

Hello cloudhunter,

If no outsourcing is done from your account, it will not be linked to the Blue Board record used for your husband's company. Site staff will be aware of the shared IP, but as long as you do not post jobs or operate as an outsourcer on the site, no action will be taken.

I hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two separate accounts with one IP

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »