Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:26
Member (2008)
German to English
Attachments Mar 27, 2016

It should be possible to include attachments with an invoice. My customers frequently require more information than I can put on the invoice itself. An elegant solution would be to upload an attachment and send it with the bill.

Nassima EL MEDJIRA
Nassima EL MEDJIRA  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 11:26
English to French
+ ...
Can't find the currency of my invoices Aug 22, 2016

Hello

I just tried this very amazing tool and am very happy to see that my work can just become easier and better.
However, as I am dealing with national clients mostly, my invoices are done in the local cuurency, the Algerian Dinar (DZD) and unfortunately, it is not proposed within the currencies list and it seems that there is no possibility to change the currency "manually".

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Aug 22, 2016

Hello Nassima,

Thanks for pointing this out. I confirm that this currency is not yet listed in the invoicing system, but I have now added this idea to our list of ideas for site improvement. Thank you!

Please let me know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Paula

Tuula Siimes
Tuula Siimes  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:26
French to Finnish
+ ...
I cannot amend the tax percentage Sep 5, 2016

I haven't been able to change the tax percentage in the invoicing tool.

When I try to change VAT 23% to VAT24% (= percentage used since some years in Finland already) I get the message "Something went wrong...
Percentage must be specified for each tax."

Even when I delete the VAT 23% row, the row keeps coming back.

So, I have not been able to use this tool for any invoices to Finland (my own country), but have prepared these invoices using a differ
... See more
I haven't been able to change the tax percentage in the invoicing tool.

When I try to change VAT 23% to VAT24% (= percentage used since some years in Finland already) I get the message "Something went wrong...
Percentage must be specified for each tax."

Even when I delete the VAT 23% row, the row keeps coming back.

So, I have not been able to use this tool for any invoices to Finland (my own country), but have prepared these invoices using a different system.
However, I'd like to use this invoicing tool for all my invoices or at least to know why any tax change is impossible in this tool.

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Best regards,
Tuula
Collapse

Paula Durrosier
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please check your tax settings Sep 5, 2016

Hi Tuula,

Thanks for writing.

Have you checked your Tax settings already? You can update these settings from the 'Settings' tab of the invoicing tool.
There you will be able to add as many taxes (with different percentages) as you need.

At the moment of creating a new invoice, you will be able to choose and apply any of the taxes you have just created. Please let me know if this works for you. Otherw
... See more
Hi Tuula,

Thanks for writing.

Have you checked your Tax settings already? You can update these settings from the 'Settings' tab of the invoicing tool.
There you will be able to add as many taxes (with different percentages) as you need.

At the moment of creating a new invoice, you will be able to choose and apply any of the taxes you have just created. Please let me know if this works for you. Otherwise, please submit a support request here with further details so we can look into this further. Thank you!

Best regards,

Paula
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Gary Wellman
Gary Wellman  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:26
Member (2009)
Japanese to English
Issue with rounding off numbers in invoicing tool Oct 27, 2016

Hello,

I found a problem with the rounding off function of this invoicing tool which was pointed out to me by my client's accounting department.

I created an invoice for 8719 words at a rate of 0.18 USD with a 25% discount. The total in the "Amount" box came to "1,177.06". The same amount of 1,177.06 was written in the Subtotal field below that. However, when I saved the invoice, the "Amount" box was "1,177.06" but the Subtotal field below that came to "1,177.07." So th
... See more
Hello,

I found a problem with the rounding off function of this invoicing tool which was pointed out to me by my client's accounting department.

I created an invoice for 8719 words at a rate of 0.18 USD with a 25% discount. The total in the "Amount" box came to "1,177.06". The same amount of 1,177.06 was written in the Subtotal field below that. However, when I saved the invoice, the "Amount" box was "1,177.06" but the Subtotal field below that came to "1,177.07." So the actual amount which is "1,177.065" was not rounded up to 1,177.07 before saving the invoice and then was correctly rounded up to 1,177.07 but ONLY in the Subtotal field. Therefore, there was a difference, which unfortunately I did not notice, in the "Amount" box and the "Subtotal" field in the invoice that I sent to my client.

Could you please have a look at this issue.
Please contact me if you need any more clarification.

Gary Wellman
profile # 77351
Collapse

Paula Durrosier
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for reporting this Oct 28, 2016

Hello Gary,

I confirm that the rounding off function of the invoicing tool does not seem to be working accurately. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! This issue will be now referred to be processed internally by site developers.

Thank you again for reporting this.

Best regards,

Paula

Persiana Pastuhova
Persiana Pastuhova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 12:26
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Bank details Nov 30, 2016

Hello,

Is there an option to add automatic bank details to the invoicing tool? Thanks

James Reiser (X)
James Reiser (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:26
Chinese to English
Thanks and a Suggestion Jan 12, 2017

Thanks for the invoicing tool. Used it for the first time today. A request. While I was creating my first real invoice I attempted to switch to a test invoice I had created earlier to check something using the tabs at the top of the creation form. I lost my work that was underway. Could an auto save function be built into the creation form to avoid this?

Again, thanks for the great tool!

Jim Reiser

Jashan sandhu
Jashan sandhu
India
Local time: 15:56
English to Punjabi
+ ...
not numbered yet Mar 28, 2017

I have sent invoice to my client but why its showing not numbered yet

Jason Grimes wrote:

I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

A lot of suggestions have been made for improving the invoicing tool, in forum discussions (ex. here and here), support requests, and in the "ideas" page. I'll be implementing a few of them in the coming weeks.

If there's an improvement you'd particularly like to see, please make sure to vote for it in the "ideas" page (reachable by clicking "ideas" at the top right of the main ProZ.com menu). Additional discussion is also welcome below.

Thanks,

Jason

Yumico Tanaka (X)
Yumico Tanaka (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:26
English to Japanese
+ ...
Sorry this is not a reply to any specific question. I just don't know how to make a new thread. May 1, 2017

New request: I wish that Proz.com makes a scheduling tools linking the invoicing.

That's all, thanks!

Yumico Tanaka

Fernando Larrazabal
Fernando Larrazabal
Japan
Local time: 19:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sending the invoices from translator's personal email address Jul 7, 2017

At present invoices seem to be sent only from [email protected].

translator_name via [email protected]

Is it possible to send using the personal address of the translator or both [email protected] and the private address?

Fro practical reasons, we have set up fi
... See more
At present invoices seem to be sent only from [email protected].

translator_name via [email protected]

Is it possible to send using the personal address of the translator or both [email protected] and the private address?

Fro practical reasons, we have set up filters in our email system so that messages from Proz do not go directly into the inbox, and as a consequence, the invoices from the outsourcers can easily get lost as if they were a normal message from Proz related to forums, jobs, and so on.

Some translators do download their invoices and send them using their personal address, but unfortunately, not all of them do it.
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:26
Dutch to English
Beta? Jul 24, 2017

In keeping with the changes to ProZ's website, are there any definite plans to modernize the invoicing tool? And a timeline maybe? It's still in the beta phase after how many years now? And only very rarely updated, if at all. Myself and other users have made plenty of good suggestions over the years which are usually completely ignored. The post before this one is an example of such a suggestion (I too have a couple of customers whose email syst... See more
In keeping with the changes to ProZ's website, are there any definite plans to modernize the invoicing tool? And a timeline maybe? It's still in the beta phase after how many years now? And only very rarely updated, if at all. Myself and other users have made plenty of good suggestions over the years which are usually completely ignored. The post before this one is an example of such a suggestion (I too have a couple of customers whose email system won't accept messages from [email protected]). The only reason I still use this tool is I can't be bothered switching. And I think it would only take a couple of small changes to make it excellent. A real pity...

Olly
Collapse

Giia Weigel
Giia Weigel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:26
Member (2008)
English to Estonian
+ ...
Problems :( Sep 13, 2017

My invoice numbers are no longer propagated and all notes are missing... Please advise!

Jason Grimes wrote:

I'm currently working on some updates to the ProZ.com invoicing tool.

A lot of suggestions have been made for improving the invoicing tool, in forum discussions (ex. here and here), support requests, and in the "ideas" page. I'll be implementing a few of them in the coming weeks.

If there's an improvement you'd particularly like to see, please make sure to vote for it in the "ideas" page (reachable by clicking "ideas" at the top right of the main ProZ.com menu). Additional discussion is also welcome below.

Thanks,

Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improvements to the invoicing tool

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »