Thread poster: Amy Allen Schleicher
Amy Allen Schleicher
Amy Allen Schleicher  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:27
Member (2008)
German to English
Jan 16, 2013

Hi all,

I am using Studio 2011. For a project I just created, Studio cannot complete the process of analyzing and pre-translating the files. I get the red X for the last 3 tasks at the end of project creation.

The error message reads:

"TranslationProviderThrewException" under the details of the task results.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I saw only one thread on the forum and mention of it being an error that was fixed with 2011 SP2 on
... See more
Hi all,

I am using Studio 2011. For a project I just created, Studio cannot complete the process of analyzing and pre-translating the files. I get the red X for the last 3 tasks at the end of project creation.

The error message reads:

"TranslationProviderThrewException" under the details of the task results.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I saw only one thread on the forum and mention of it being an error that was fixed with 2011 SP2 on the SDL release notes, but I am running 2011 so what now?

I am using very large TMs by the way 300,000+ TUs and it did manage to analyze for me when I tested it with a small rarely used TM. But I don't know how to clear this error.

Thanks in advance!

Amy
Collapse

Foteini Almpala
Foteini Almpala  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:27
English to Greek
+ ...
Proposed Solutions Feb 22, 2013

Hallo!

I have to say that I have confronted this problem a few times, so I will mention what worked for me.

First of all, make sure that no TAG is missing, misplaced, etc. Tags are the main cause of this problem.

If that doesn't work, since you have translated your text and translation in copied in the TM, open again the original file and let it Auto-propagate. In other words, translate the file again with the TM. And then, try to finalize.

... See more
Hallo!

I have to say that I have confronted this problem a few times, so I will mention what worked for me.

First of all, make sure that no TAG is missing, misplaced, etc. Tags are the main cause of this problem.

If that doesn't work, since you have translated your text and translation in copied in the TM, open again the original file and let it Auto-propagate. In other words, translate the file again with the TM. And then, try to finalize.

I hope it works!
Collapse

Iryna Maslova
Iryna Maslova  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:27
English to Russian
+ ...
A workaround that might help Apr 6, 2013

Hallo!

In general, my impression is that Studio needs some time to "load" bigger TMs for further use in the translation process. During project creation using large TMs and, especially on slower PCs, the process seems to timeout causing this error.

I am using quite huge translation memories (over 1 million entries) accumulated over years and experienced this sort of problem on my old computer. The workaround was:
- Create a project. Even with this sort of error th
... See more
Hallo!

In general, my impression is that Studio needs some time to "load" bigger TMs for further use in the translation process. During project creation using large TMs and, especially on slower PCs, the process seems to timeout causing this error.

I am using quite huge translation memories (over 1 million entries) accumulated over years and experienced this sort of problem on my old computer. The workaround was:
- Create a project. Even with this sort of error the project itself was usually created, but without wordcounts, analysis, pretranslation.
- Open a file in this project and do not touch anything until "Searching" in the TM lookup window would be replaced with segment found. Save the project.
- Return to Projects pane/tab and run batch tasks needed: analysis, pretranslation, etc.

Usually it resulted in appearing of the necessary analysis reports and populating target column with matches found during pretranslation

Hope, it will help. Good luck!
Collapse

Phil Hughes
Phil Hughes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:27
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
"TranslationProviderThrewException" error when analyzing/pretranslating Apr 14, 2017

This seems to be a problem that is quite sticky with SDL Trados Studio 2011. I tried a few different ways to clean the file before plugging it in for analysis and every time the same error message just kept popping up. Nothing seemed to help, until I used the exact same file and analyzed it using SDL Trados Studio 2017. It went through without any problems. So I guess it's a glitch that exists with version 2011.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"TranslationProviderThrewException" error when analyzing/pretranslating

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »