Thread poster: Silvia Poidimani
Silvia Poidimani
Silvia Poidimani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:07
English to Italian
Sep 2, 2013

Hi all.

I need to know if there is any way to open multiple packages at once in Trados 2011 instead of opening them one by one.

I receive batches of small projects which I have to work quickly one after another. It would be a great time saver if I was able to select them all in the Open Package window, instead of having to wait for each single package to be imported. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you may give...
See more
Hi all.

I need to know if there is any way to open multiple packages at once in Trados 2011 instead of opening them one by one.

I receive batches of small projects which I have to work quickly one after another. It would be a great time saver if I was able to select them all in the Open Package window, instead of having to wait for each single package to be imported. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you may give
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The only way... Sep 2, 2013

... would be to unzip them and create a single project with the contents. But this would be a bad idea!

Packages are designed to be individual Projects and you can only work with one at a time through the desktop interface. If you have a decent computer you could open several instances of Studio and open packages in each one at the same time (or with a slight lag) but I doubt you'd really save any time like this.

It would be possible for a developer to use the SDK to
... See more
... would be to unzip them and create a single project with the contents. But this would be a bad idea!

Packages are designed to be individual Projects and you can only work with one at a time through the desktop interface. If you have a decent computer you could open several instances of Studio and open packages in each one at the same time (or with a slight lag) but I doubt you'd really save any time like this.

It would be possible for a developer to use the SDK to manage the creation of multiple projects at a time from multiple packages... and if you get these all the time perhaps it would be worth commissioning a developer to do this for you... or do it yourself if you have the programming skills?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Silvia Poidimani
Silvia Poidimani  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 4, 2013

Thanks for your reply, Paul. Unfortunately I have no such skills, and it would be useful for me, but not enough to commission a developer specifically for this.

I only wanted to be sure there was no existing solution I had not been able to find.

John Taylor
John Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:07
German to English
+ ...
Several years later and still hoping for this functionality... Apr 11, 2017

Just to be able to select multiple packages and have them open one after the other would be nice!
There's nothing more tedious than opening 6 packages in a row and having to select them one by one from the interface...

Gabrio Micheli
Gabrio Micheli
Italy
English to Italian
Still hoping for this functionality... Sep 5, 2023

I make my interest public here in having this functionality in later versions of Trados Studio, hoping to create enough digital visibility so that rws or individual programmers can catch this idea and develop this functionality! 🙏📦💻

[Modificato alle 2023-09-05 08:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open multiple packages in Trados 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »