Studio 2014: How to apply multiple display filter and empty target filter?
Thread poster: walkqisky
walkqisky
walkqisky
Local time: 09:07
English to Chinese
Jun 30, 2014

There are two questions concerning display filters.
1. Multiple display filter
It seems very hassling to deal with segments with different translation statuses, e.g. I need to display 100% match and also locked segments to unlock and review, but it seems I can only apply one filter at a time.

2. Empty target filter
Is there any way to only filter segments that have no content within, says empty target? The reason why I cannot apply Untranlated filter is that the st
... See more
There are two questions concerning display filters.
1. Multiple display filter
It seems very hassling to deal with segments with different translation statuses, e.g. I need to display 100% match and also locked segments to unlock and review, but it seems I can only apply one filter at a time.

2. Empty target filter
Is there any way to only filter segments that have no content within, says empty target? The reason why I cannot apply Untranlated filter is that the status of some empty target segments have been changed to trasnlated by mistake, and I need to send out all the empty target segments for translation.

Need help or turnaround, thanks.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:07
English
Indeed... Jun 30, 2014

... I would also love to see a more capable display filter that gave more sophisticated options such as multiple selections. But maybe you can handle this in other ways?

1. Multiple Display filter
For your scenario perhaps you could use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit by changing all segments that are 100% match to locked and now you can filter on locked segments. This would get you existing locked segments plus 100% matches. Or
... See more
... I would also love to see a more capable display filter that gave more sophisticated options such as multiple selections. But maybe you can handle this in other ways?

For your scenario perhaps you could use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit by changing all segments that are 100% match to locked and now you can filter on locked segments. This would get you existing locked segments plus 100% matches. Or if you don't want the 100% matches to be locked, then change the status of the 100% matches to something else, maybe "Signed off", then change the locked to "Signed off" and finally filter on "Signed off".
Not perfect I know, but using the SDLXLIFF Toolkit this is fairly simple and has the additional benefit of being able to select 100% without CM matches, and being able to set this status across the entire project in a couple of clicks.

2. Empty target filter
Maybe you could use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit for this too. If you use the Search tab in this tool and search for a target regex, something like this:

[^\s]

The returned segments will be anything that has something in it. You change these to locked using the toolkit and then in Studio filter on unlocked. This makes it simple for you to then select all the segments in the view and change the status back to not translated.

Very handy tool the SDLXLIFF Toolkit

Regards

Paul
Collapse

walkqisky
walkqisky
Local time: 09:07
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, though not so intuitive, and a little suggestion... Jun 30, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

For your scenario perhaps you could use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit by changing all segments that are 100% match to locked and now you can filter on locked segments. This would get you existing locked segments plus 100% matches. Or if you don't want the 100% matches to be locked, then change the status of the 100% matches to something else, maybe "Signed off", then change the locked to "Signed off" and finally filter on "Signed off".
Not perfect I know, but using the SDLXLIFF Toolkit this is fairly simple and has the additional benefit of being able to select 100% without CM matches, and being able to set this status across the entire project in a couple of clicks.

2. Empty target filter
Maybe you could use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit for this too. If you use the Search tab in this tool and search for a target regex, something like this:

[^\s]

The returned segments will be anything that has something in it. You change these to locked using the toolkit and then in Studio filter on unlocked. This makes it simple for you to then select all the segments in the view and change the status back to not translated.

Very handy tool the SDLXLIFF Toolkit

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul, though not so intuitive.
BTW. It will be great if there is an indicator to show how many segments have been filtered to display or selected and the segments subtotal for a file in the Editor view, which will give the user much more confidence to his filter/status changing operations.

Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:07
English to Portuguese
+ ...
multiple display filter still not available? May 19, 2017

Hi there,
3 years later and... it seems it is still not possible to filter segments by simultaneous status, eg. 100% and Locked, or 100% and AT?
Anyone would know how to do this if possible?

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: How to apply multiple display filter and empty target filter?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »