Rafael Mondragon Hernandez
Rafael Mondragon Hernandez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 30, 2015

Dear All,

I'm desperate since my Trados 2014 won't function, I was working fine a couple of days ago but since yesterday it doesn't open at all, it only sends the message "Index was outside the bounds of the array" and then it just closes. I already installed SP2 and then uninstalled and installed the whole software again and nothing solves the problem.

Help please!!!

Best regards,

Rafael M.

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 12:53
Index was outside the bounds of the array May 1, 2015

Hi Rafael,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

You will find a resolution for this issue in the following article in our Knowledge Base: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5200

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly via our Chat (bit.ly/SDLChat).

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Rafael Mondragon Hernandez
Rafael Mondragon Hernandez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still unsolved May 1, 2015

Thank you for your reply but I haven't been able to access SDL GroupShare or find the TM file mentioned in the article and the live chat just gives me a form to send an email. I'll appreciate any further help. Do you think that if I buy Online Support SDL can fix it remotely or it will only be a waste of money?

Thank you again.

Markus Hoedl
Markus Hoedl  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:53
English to German
+ ...
MT Auto Suggest Oct 11, 2016

I get the same error message with MT Auto Suggest and Trados 2014!
But it appears that SDL is not interested in resolving the problem since they don't answer anymore...

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:53
Upgrade available Oct 11, 2016

Hi Markus,

Please take a look at the following article:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5200

Unfortunately there was no permanent solution available in Studio 2014 without complicated workarounds.
However this was fully resolved in the Studio 2015 release (which is recommended for all GS projects).

I have checked your SDL
... See more
Hi Markus,

Please take a look at the following article:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5200

Unfortunately there was no permanent solution available in Studio 2014 without complicated workarounds.
However this was fully resolved in the Studio 2015 release (which is recommended for all GS projects).

I have checked your SDL online account and can confirm that you have unprocessed upgrade to Studio 2015 so NO purchase is necessary, just a straightforward upgrade of your existing license.

Please follow the instructions below on how to process your upgrade:

To process your upgrade- please log in to your SDL account- LICENSES

Once logged in and on the licenses tab you will see a gold coloured banner at the top of the page-

Simply click into this banner (upgrades available) to process the upgrade.

PLEASE NOTE:

When upgrading, SDL allow you to continue using your previous version under certain criteria***- allowing a smooth migration process to the latest version.

If you wish to keep the previous (2009/2011/2014) FREELANCE license on the same machine as Studio 2015-

PLEASE DO NOT deactivate the actual license in Studio-

ONLY process the upgrade in your account. A deactivated license cannot be reset!

***Applicable only to freelance licenses

You may continue to use the legacy version until-

-you attempt to migrate the software to a new PC/ cloud storage etc.

-deactivate the license (intentionally or by mistake)

-upgrade your OS

-reformat your hard drive

If you wish to keep your legacy license permanently, you will need to purchase a new license and NOT an upgrade.

Kind regards,

Roman
Collapse

Elis@bel
Elis@bel
Spain
Local time: 13:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same issue migrating TM Mar 24, 2017

Hi,

I get the same error message when migrating a Trados 2007 TM into Studio 2014 and also into Studio 2017. I also tried by simply creating a TM in Studio and importing the TMX from Trados 2007 but of course I get the same error message.

I don't use GroupShare and none of the provided workarounds worked for me:

... See more
Hi,

I get the same error message when migrating a Trados 2007 TM into Studio 2014 and also into Studio 2017. I also tried by simply creating a TM in Studio and importing the TMX from Trados 2007 but of course I get the same error message.

I don't use GroupShare and none of the provided workarounds worked for me:

- http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5200

- https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=Error-Index-was-outside-the-bounds-of-the-array-when-starting-Studio-or-opening-a-GroupShare-translation-memory-SDL-Trados-Studio-2014-or-earlier

Any ideas, please?

Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message in trados 2014: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »