Excluding cross-reference content in SDL Trados 2017
Thread poster: mbras
mbras
mbras
France
Mar 15, 2017

Hi,
I have just upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2017 and one of the "fixes" is really bugging me.
I work with mif files in Studio and these mif files contain a lot of cross-references (text inserted from another file). In previous Trados versions, these were automatically converted into tags and that was perfect. With 2017 however, the cross-reference content is extracted and I don't want it to be!
I've tried to look at adding tags to the cross-references in the mif file, but I m
... See more
Hi,
I have just upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2017 and one of the "fixes" is really bugging me.
I work with mif files in Studio and these mif files contain a lot of cross-references (text inserted from another file). In previous Trados versions, these were automatically converted into tags and that was perfect. With 2017 however, the cross-reference content is extracted and I don't want it to be!
I've tried to look at adding tags to the cross-references in the mif file, but I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't work.
Can anyone help me please?
Many thanks!
Collapse

PanjiS
PanjiS
France
same for me ! Apr 11, 2017

Hello,
I've got the exact same problem ! (I came across your post when searching the internet).
If anyone has an idea, thanks for sharing.
Why do you say it is a bug fix ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding cross-reference content in SDL Trados 2017

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »