If source: “5-10” > than target: “od 5 do 10”
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 06:16
Mar 22, 2017

Hello,

I wonder whether SLD studio offers an option of automatic translation of very small segments.

I would like to automatically translate this > if Source: “5-10” > than target: “od 5 do 10”

So the rule would be: if segment contains only two numbers which are connected with „-“ than copy them to target and put „ do “ between them

Anybody has an idea how to get this done automatically?

I really appreciate a
... See more
Hello,

I wonder whether SLD studio offers an option of automatic translation of very small segments.

I would like to automatically translate this > if Source: “5-10” > than target: “od 5 do 10”

So the rule would be: if segment contains only two numbers which are connected with „-“ than copy them to target and put „ do “ between them

Anybody has an idea how to get this done automatically?

I really appreciate any help you can provide
Collapse

Rafał Kwiatkowski
Rafał Kwiatkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Not sure, but... Mar 22, 2017

I'm note sure if that will work for 100% using Trados only - maybe, but not tested.

Anyway You can surely reach the goal using RegEx or GREP in MS Word, notepad++ etc. - depending on source's file format. The changes numbers from X-X to "X to X" may be additionally blocked from parsing by Trados by hiding it temporarily.

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
What Rafał said Mar 24, 2017

Hi,

I don't know if there's a way to simply pre-translate those segments, but you can definitely do a RegEx search-and-replace operation in Studio, like Rafał suggested.

If there are a lot of these segments in your file, I'd first apply the following display filter:

^(\d{1,})-(\d{1,})$

You could then copy source to target for all of them in one go and find and replace the pattern with your actual translation.

Find what: (\d{1,})-(
... See more
Hi,

I don't know if there's a way to simply pre-translate those segments, but you can definitely do a RegEx search-and-replace operation in Studio, like Rafał suggested.

If there are a lot of these segments in your file, I'd first apply the following display filter:

^(\d{1,})-(\d{1,})$

You could then copy source to target for all of them in one go and find and replace the pattern with your actual translation.

Find what: (\d{1,})-(\d{1,})
Replace with: od $1 do $2

Make sure to check "Use: Regular expressions".

If you have a lot of projects with just a few of these segments in each one, it's probably not worth the hassle. But you could look into the Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider plugin. You can enter the same find and replace patterns in the plugin and get the full string as an AS match when you type 'o'.

Hope that helps.

Stephan
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider - with proviso Mar 24, 2017

_stephan wrote:

But you could look into the Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider plugin.

Absolutely.
Here's the link:
http://appstore.sdl.com/app/regex-match-autosuggest-provider/412/#68771

Nora Diaz gives detailed instructions how to use it, specifically in the case of a number range.
http://noradiaz.blogspot.com.es/2015/07/a-collection-of-regular-expressions-for.html

The only BIG problem is that in Studio 2017, this app no longer works for strings that start with a digit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If source: “5-10” > than target: “od 5 do 10”

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »