"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" - Nothing seems to work - SDL Studio 2011
Thread poster: Sylvie Barnet
Sylvie Barnet
Sylvie Barnet  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:00
Mar 23, 2017

I know this question has come up before but none of the solutions offered seem to work. I have tried the fixes offered here
http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4984
but it does not work.
I have restarted Studio, restarded my computer, still does not work.
I am trying to open a large ppt presentation and cannot open it. I know the problem is with the file as I ha
... See more
I know this question has come up before but none of the solutions offered seem to work. I have tried the fixes offered here
http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4984
but it does not work.
I have restarted Studio, restarded my computer, still does not work.
I am trying to open a large ppt presentation and cannot open it. I know the problem is with the file as I have tried to open other ppt files and it works normally.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
If only the file ppt Mar 24, 2017

Have you tried to save the ppt as a new name? If otherwise Studio work ok perhaps there is an issue with the file. You could try to save it as an older version of Power Point.

Sylvie Barnet
Sylvie Barnet  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:00
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found!! Mar 24, 2017

Thank you Heinrich for your reply. For some reasons, my question has been posted twice. Renaming the file did not work but I ended up cuting and pasting the file to another ppt file I could open in Studio, and it worked -after trying all kinds of other things. Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" - Nothing seems to work - SDL Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »