Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What MT plugin really work? Nothing works so far...
Thread poster: Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:22
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Second that 200% Apr 4, 2017

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

This may work if you want to paste the whole translated segment. If, however, you want to use MT via Autosuggest, which is, in my opinion, much more convenient, because in this way you don't post-edit MT, but choose the best words and phrases from MT, then only the plugins are the way to go.

This describes my issue with "post-editing" machine translations. This is absolutely more work than using auto-suggest from multiple sources, because you have to read the source and the MT target, and then somehow make sense of what frequently is nonsense and go from there.

mprosecky
mprosecky
Czech Republic
Hi, I'm testing SDL trados 2017 but I can not download MT Enhanced plugin. Can someone please email May 12, 2017

Maija Cirule wrote:

Soraya Hoepfner wrote:

Thanks! I have finally found a solution and I am back using Microsoft API Key, so I will give up on trying to guess why Google did not work for me even if I am active on Billing system.

For those interested in using MT Enhanced plugin, I followed the link below and reinstalled the plugin from scratch so only the Credential Key is needed:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/mt-enhanced-plugin-for-trados-studio/604/?action=download

One still has to make sure to have an Azure account to get a credential key, but it is now back working smoothly and it is indeed the faster response so far in terms of MT integrated on Trados - from my experience.

Thank you all!

Soraya Hoepfner

As I remember, this situation was a shear nightmare for me.

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
yes gt4t works with all cat tools Jul 7, 2017

Hi Soraya,

Firstly GT4T works anywhere you can type, and then besides the build-in support for common CATs, it can be customized for any CAT tool to translate the current segment or next segment using hot keys.

Dallas

[quote]Soraya Hoepfner wrote:

Jorge Payan wrote:

As a satisfied user, I would suggest you to consider it:

- It works with both Bing Translator and / or Google Translate
- No need for conguration inside any CAT tool, as it works on the text in the screen or in the clipboard
- No need for keys for each MT provider
- Cost is around USD 6 per month

If interested visit dallascao

Saludos

Ola, Jorge,

I check the tool, thanks for the link, but that works with Trados 2014, so I can have it integrated on my CAT Tool? I only see SDLX, also that cost is on the top of what you have to pay to Google Translator API?

Best,
Soraya

Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 7, 2017

Thank you Dallas,

In the meantime I have managed to get back to MT plugin..

Best,
Soraya

[quote]Dallas Cao wrote:

Hi Soraya,

Firstly GT4T works anywhere you can type, and then besides the build-in support for common CATs, it can be customized for any CAT tool to translate the current segment or next segment using hot keys.

Dallas

Soraya Hoepfner wrote:

Jorge Payan wrote:

As a satisfied user, I would suggest you to consider it:

- It works with both Bing Translator and / or Google Translate
- No need for conguration inside any CAT tool, as it works on the text in the screen or in the clipboard
- No need for keys for each MT provider
- Cost is around USD 6 per month

If interested visit dallascao

Saludos

Ola, Jorge,

I check the tool, thanks for the link, but that works with Trados 2014, so I can have it integrated on my CAT Tool? I only see SDLX, also that cost is on the top of what you have to pay to Google Translator API?

Best,
Soraya

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What MT plugin really work? Nothing works so far...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »