Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
What MT plugin really work? Nothing works so far...
Thread poster: Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:43
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 3, 2017

HI There,

I have been using MT Enhanced Plugin for a while and today, out of the blue, it stopped working.
While I am still not able to detect the source of the problem (if with Microsoft API or with MT APi itself) I have spent the last 3 hours frustrated trying everything else:

Google Translate - Installs fine, and inside the bilingual file I get 'Error. Forbidden (403)
Apertium API - Installs fine, just it is a total mystery how one actually gets an API K
... See more
HI There,

I have been using MT Enhanced Plugin for a while and today, out of the blue, it stopped working.
While I am still not able to detect the source of the problem (if with Microsoft API or with MT APi itself) I have spent the last 3 hours frustrated trying everything else:

Google Translate - Installs fine, and inside the bilingual file I get 'Error. Forbidden (403)
Apertium API - Installs fine, just it is a total mystery how one actually gets an API Key. Search everywhere, could not find out.
Altlang - Installs fine, again, how one gets an API Key is totally unclear and nothing is said about it.
SDL Automated Translation - connection timeout error, could not even try...

I am not a super tech savvy, but I am also not absolutely illiterate

I use SDL 2014.
Any tips on getting one that works, even if it is not for free (I consider pay for the service), much appreciated.

Best Regards
Soraya Hoepfner
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:43
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Other posts Apr 3, 2017

I am sorry to hear about your issues. Have you read this? I googled for mt plugin Studio 2014 not working.
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/160/t/10735

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Lianne Apr 3, 2017

Hi Lianne,
thank you, I came across with that post too, but I have no problems with installation just suddenly it stopped working. Using Google Translate API, I get no issues with credentials, nevertheless it does not work.

I finally had to surrender to SDL Cloud which is slow, not even close to accuracy as Microsoft API is, but it is so far what is it is working for now..

And honestly, why there is not a plugin - paid or not - which works with Microsoft Translat
... See more
Hi Lianne,
thank you, I came across with that post too, but I have no problems with installation just suddenly it stopped working. Using Google Translate API, I get no issues with credentials, nevertheless it does not work.

I finally had to surrender to SDL Cloud which is slow, not even close to accuracy as Microsoft API is, but it is so far what is it is working for now..

And honestly, why there is not a plugin - paid or not - which works with Microsoft Translate I don't know. Depending in what field and what content one is translating, it saves 80% of my mechanical effort and I am really not happy to go back to the past, specially when having about 10 K to type in the next days
Best,
Soraya
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:43
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Microsoft plugin Apr 3, 2017

I have not tried this, but would this help? There are quite a few posts about it.
https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29c19046-34cd-4fd3-9487-e8c0156e4491/trados-plugin-for-microsoft-translator?forum=translator

I had the Google Api quit on me once. I think I got a new api and tha
... See more
I have not tried this, but would this help? There are quite a few posts about it.
https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29c19046-34cd-4fd3-9487-e8c0156e4491/trados-plugin-for-microsoft-translator?forum=translator

I had the Google Api quit on me once. I think I got a new api and that worked. Have you tried getting a new one?
Or could the problem be in a firewall?
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 20:43
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
GT4T, anyone? Apr 4, 2017

As a satisfied user, I would suggest you to consider it:

- It works with both Bing Translator and / or Google Translate
- No need for conguration inside any CAT tool, as it works on the text in the screen or in the clipboard
- No need for keys for each MT provider
- Cost is around USD 6 per month

If interested visit dallascao

Saludos

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:43
German to English
+ ...
Maybe Apr 4, 2017

Soraya Hoepfner wrote:

HI There,

Apertium API - Installs fine, just it is a total mystery how one actually gets an API Key. Search everywhere, could not find out.
Altlang - Installs fine, again, how one gets an API Key is totally unclear and nothing is said about it.
SDL Automated Translation - connection timeout error, could not even try...

I am not a super tech savvy, but I am also not absolutely illiterate

I use SDL 2014.
Any tips on getting one that works, even if it is not for free (I consider pay for the service), much appreciated.

Best Regards
Soraya Hoepfner

you should visit your Microsoft account and see if your free quote has expired? I don't work with Studio but has the same problem with MemoQ and Google MT some time ago. Now I pay appr. 2 euros per month to Google and MT works smoothly. I believe that it may be the case with Microsoft too.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:43
English to Russian
qtranslate Apr 4, 2017

https://quest-app.appspot.com/
includes:
Google Translate
Bing Translator
Promt
Babylon
SDL FreeTranslation.com
Yandex.Translate
youdao
Baidu
Naver

You can use the above-listed MT engines or other resources including Reverso, Urban Dictionary, Wiki, multitran

Free and portable: https://quest-app.appspot.com/download

[Edited at 2017-04-04 05:59 GMT]
Collapse

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Maija Apr 4, 2017

Maija Cirule wrote:

you should visit your Microsoft account and see if your free quote has expired? I don't work with Studio but has the same problem with MemoQ and Google MT some time ago. Now I pay appr. 2 euros per month to Google and MT works smoothly. I believe that it may be the case with Microsoft too.

Hi Maija, yes I have check that, and I have a subscription, the problem is that MT Enhanced Plugin now asks for
Client ID
Client Secret

and before I could swear all I need was a simply API Key, therefore, it does not work.

And if I chose Google, then it says 'forbidden' but my Google account is also set up with all paying information, and paying is really not a problem.
Would you mind to share with me what exactly did you do to make Google work? And if that was using MT Enhanced or another plugin?

I am just lost here... I have tried everything I new it could work... Double check: my google and azure account are set up and look ok..

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Stepan Apr 4, 2017

Stepan Konev wrote:

https://quest-app.appspot.com/
includes:
Google Translate
Bing Translator
Promt
Babylon
SDL FreeTranslation.com
Yandex.Translate
youdao
Baidu
Naver

You can use the above-listed MT engines or other resources including Reverso, Urban Dictionary, Wiki, multitran

Free and portable: https://quest-app.appspot.com/download

[Edited at 2017-04-04 05:59 GMT]

Hi Stepan, thank you for your suggestion, but it seems that does not work 'inside' Trados... I actually need to get the suggestions already in the bilingual document on-the-go...

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Jorge Apr 4, 2017

[quote]Jorge Payan wrote:

As a satisfied user, I would suggest you to consider it:

- It works with both Bing Translator and / or Google Translate
- No need for conguration inside any CAT tool, as it works on the text in the screen or in the clipboard
- No need for keys for each MT provider
- Cost is around USD 6 per month

If interested visit dallascao

Saludos

Ola, Jorge,

I check the tool, thanks for the link, but that works with Trados 2014, so I can have it integrated on my CAT Tool? I only see SDLX, also that cost is on the top of what you have to pay to Google Translator API?

Best,
Soraya

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Sorry Apr 4, 2017

Soraya Hoepfner wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Hi Maija, yes I have check that, and I have a subscription, the problem is that MT Enhanced Plugin now asks for
Client ID
Client Secret

and before I could swear all I need was a simply API Key, therefore, it does not work.

And if I chose Google, then it says 'forbidden' but my Google account is also set up with all paying information, and paying is really not a problem.
Would you mind to share with me what exactly did you do to make Google work? And if that was using MT Enhanced or another plugin?

I am just lost here... I have tried everything I new it could work... Double check: my google and azure account are set up and look ok..

as I am a complete computer idiot, a MemoQ support guy did this for me via TeamViewer, I only clicked on some buttons but I have forgotten on which ones:) As far as I remember, I entered my Google account and the guy found a translation services section (maybe it has another name). I remember that I click on something related to purchasing ....
Maybe you should contact a Trados or whats its name support team?

[Edited at 2017-04-04 07:39 GMT]

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Maija Apr 4, 2017

Thanks! I have finally found a solution and I am back using Microsoft API Key, so I will give up on trying to guess why Google did not work for me even if I am active on Billing system.

For those interested in using MT Enhanced plugin, I followed the link below and reinstalled the plugin from scratch so only the Credential Key i
... See more
Thanks! I have finally found a solution and I am back using Microsoft API Key, so I will give up on trying to guess why Google did not work for me even if I am active on Billing system.

For those interested in using MT Enhanced plugin, I followed the link below and reinstalled the plugin from scratch so only the Credential Key is needed:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/mt-enhanced-plugin-for-trados-studio/604/?action=download

One still has to make sure to have an Azure account to get a credential key, but it is now back working smoothly and it is indeed the faster response so far in terms of MT integrated on Trados - from my experience.

Thank you all!

Soraya Hoepfner
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Congratulations Apr 4, 2017

Soraya Hoepfner wrote:

For those interested in using MT Enhanced plugin, I followed the link below and reinstalled the plugin from scratch so only the Credential Key is needed:

http://appstore.sdl.com/app/mt-enhanced-plugin-for-trados-studio/604/?action=download

One still has to make sure to have an Azure account to get a credential key, but it is now back working smoothly and it is indeed the faster response so far in terms of MT integrated on Trados - from my experience.

Thank you all!

Soraya Hoepfner

As I remember, this situation was a shear nightmare for me.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:43
English to Russian
This is exactly what it does Apr 4, 2017

Soraya Hoepfner wrote:
I actually need to get the suggestions already in the bilingual document on-the-go...

After you have all your source automatically copied to target (where no TM suggestions are available), you need just 3 keys: Ctrl, A, and any key of your choice.
When in target segment, press Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+your key. That's it.

[Edited at 2017-04-04 11:21 GMT]

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Not exactly the same Apr 4, 2017

This may work if you want to paste the whole translated segment. If, however, you want to use MT via Autosuggest, which is, in my opinion, much more convenient, because in this way you don't post-edit MT, but choose the best words and phrases from MT, then only the plugins are the way to go.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What MT plugin really work? Nothing works so far...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »