Thread poster: Willy Obretenov
Willy Obretenov
Willy Obretenov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:45
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 17, 2017

Hello, how can I merge two or more memories in a single file? Yes, I know I can load several memories simultaneously.
How can I add segments to an existing TM?

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
TMX Apr 17, 2017

Hi Willy,
It is very simple.
First you need to decide which TM is your major TM.
Than you need to load each of the seconary TMs and export it (one at a time) into a file with the TMX format.
Now you have to Import the TMX file into your major TM.
I have used it many times and it works.
Try it

Willy Obretenov
Willy Obretenov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Apr 17, 2017

TY, Amnon, it works.
What about the second question? Can I select some segments from one TM and load them into another?
My idea is to work out a TM of mine, encompassing the most frequent elements from different TMs.

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
A possible solution Apr 17, 2017

I am not sure if you can do this in one step via the TM view. My solution would be to attach your own reference TM and untick it for updating in Project Settings. This way when a match pops out, it will enter the desired TM (the ticked one) when you confirm the segment.

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
TMX 2 Apr 17, 2017

Hi Willy,
As for your second question. I am not sure if there are any kind of filters that will enable you to filter out unwanted segments while importing a TMX file.
However a TMX file is an XML text file. You can open and edit it using Notepad++ and manually delete all unwanted segments.
On the long run I would not do it. Don't be afraid of TMs with many thousands (tens of...) of segments. If you have a reasonable compuetr it will have no real affect on your work.
Good
... See more
Hi Willy,
As for your second question. I am not sure if there are any kind of filters that will enable you to filter out unwanted segments while importing a TMX file.
However a TMX file is an XML text file. You can open and edit it using Notepad++ and manually delete all unwanted segments.
On the long run I would not do it. Don't be afraid of TMs with many thousands (tens of...) of segments. If you have a reasonable compuetr it will have no real affect on your work.
Good luck,
Regards
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging memory files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »