Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 27, 2017

Hello everyone

I'm an occasional Trados 2015 user. Two days ago I had to do an editing task in Trados, and it struck me again how silly some of the features are.

There is the fact that I can't add a comment relating to a specific piece of text, but only relating to the entire segment (which means I have to write more, to make sure the translator knows which words I'm commenting on). Also, the "Add comment" item is greyed out if I try to add a comment by right-clicking
... See more
Hello everyone

I'm an occasional Trados 2015 user. Two days ago I had to do an editing task in Trados, and it struck me again how silly some of the features are.

There is the fact that I can't add a comment relating to a specific piece of text, but only relating to the entire segment (which means I have to write more, to make sure the translator knows which words I'm commenting on). Also, the "Add comment" item is greyed out if I try to add a comment by right-clicking the segment, but I happen to right-click on top of tracked text. In addition, there is no option to delete a comment -- one has to "edit" the comment and then select the "delete" option in the second dialog. In addition, although one can accept/reject all changes in a file, one can't delete all comments in one go (you have to delete them one by one by one by one). And of course, some file processing functions can't be done if the file contains any comments. Has any of these things been fixed in Trados 2017?

In addition, I find it odd that I can't use drag and drop to add files to the dialog that imports SDLXLIFF files into a TM. Has that been fixed in Trados 2017, or must I still use the "Add file" button and then manually navigate to the folder with my file in it, even if that folder is open right there in front of me?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A few 2017 questions

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »