Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 14, 2017

Hello!

I'm working with SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance SR3 12.3.5262.0.
I needed to add may variables to my Variable List, thus I downloaded Variables Manager from AppStore. After installing it, I can see it at the Add-Ins tab, open it, select a TM or a language resource templete, and paste a variables list in the box.

Nevertheless, while after clicking "Add to variables list" it appears a message saying "The variables list was add to the selected Translation M
... See more
Hello!

I'm working with SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance SR3 12.3.5262.0.
I needed to add may variables to my Variable List, thus I downloaded Variables Manager from AppStore. After installing it, I can see it at the Add-Ins tab, open it, select a TM or a language resource templete, and paste a variables list in the box.

Nevertheless, while after clicking "Add to variables list" it appears a message saying "The variables list was add to the selected Translation Memory", nothing is added. What can be the problem here? (BTW, The translation memory I'm trying to add the terms is the same of the project I'm currently working on).

I appreciate your help

Kind regards

Clarisa
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 04:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
nothing is added May 15, 2017

Do you mean that variables are not in the TM? If you open the TM > Settings > Language Resources > Variable List > Edit, you don't see them there, right?

If so, I can't help you, sorry…

Otherwise, if variables are there, but not recognised in the Editor (blue underline), you might need to re-index that TM (TM > Settings > Performance and Tuning > Re-Index TM). Then try again with the Editor if they are recognised.

If re-indexing still doesn't work, I must
... See more
Do you mean that variables are not in the TM? If you open the TM > Settings > Language Resources > Variable List > Edit, you don't see them there, right?

Otherwise, if variables are there, but not recognised in the Editor (blue underline), you might need to re-index that TM (TM > Settings > Performance and Tuning > Re-Index TM). Then try again with the Editor if they are recognised.

If re-indexing still doesn't work, I must say that sometimes this Variables Manager app didn't work for me. I'm not sure about the reason, but I think the reason is realted to the fact that the TM has zero variables before entering some variables via Variables Manager app. This app is very helpful but I've had problems with new TMs. That might be the reason for you as well…

I hope it helps,

… Jesús Prieto …
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:09
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not added to the variable list. May 15, 2017

NeoAtlas wrote:

If re-indexing still doesn't work, I must say that sometimes this Variables Manager app didn't work for me. I'm not sure about the reason, but I think the reason is realted to the fact that the TM has zero variables before entering some variables via Variables Manager app. This app is very helpful but I've had problems with new TMs. That might be the reason for you as well…

I hope it helps,

… Jesús Prieto …

The variables aren't there! I tried to re-index the translation memory (but that was useless, as not new entry was notices in my variable list). I will try your suggestion of adding the variables to a translation memory with an empty variables list (the one I was using had about 30 words already). I appreciate your suggestion.

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Variables Manager not adding terms

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »