Anne Savaris
Anne Savaris  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:08
Member (2016)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
May 17, 2017

I've just installed Studio 2017 and I'm working on my first document. In Studio 2014 I simply confirmed segments by clicking enter+Ctrl, but nothing happens when doing so in the 2017 version. I have to chose the right click to do that.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check your profile/shortcuts May 17, 2017

That should also work with the default set of shortcuts for Trados users in Studio, but you may have chosen a different set of shortcuts.

From the SDL product help:

There are three sets of keyboard shortcuts:

Default - these are available to everyone.

SDLX - these shortcuts will only work if you have selected the SDLX user profile.

SDL Trados - these shortcuts will only work if you have selected the SDL Trados user profile.
... See more
That should also work with the default set of shortcuts for Trados users in Studio, but you may have chosen a different set of shortcuts.

From the SDL product help:

There are three sets of keyboard shortcuts:

Default - these are available to everyone.

SDLX - these shortcuts will only work if you have selected the SDLX user profile.

SDL Trados - these shortcuts will only work if you have selected the SDL Trados user profile.

Depending on what profile is selected, different keyboard shortcuts can be used. To check which user profile is currently active, select File > Setup > Manage User Profiles .
The Manage User Profiles dialog is displayed. From here you can switch profiles, export your current profile to a file or reset your profile settings.

You can also check your shortcuts by going to Options - Keyboard Shortcuts.
Collapse

Michaela Moosbrugger
Michaela Moosbrugger
Austria
Local time: 10:08
English to German
+ ...
Assign shortcut May 18, 2017

I agree. That is still the default shortcut and should theoretically work. What operating system are you using? There could also be a conflict with the shortcuts of your operating system. If that is the case, you can just assign a differnt shortcut (File - Options - Shortcuts).
You can also check the exisiting shortcut there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't confirm segments in Studio 2017

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »