Numbers verification problem when there is "–" sign between two numbers (e.g. 5-10)
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 17:49
Jul 9, 2017

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that when a sign “-“ is between two numbers, the number checker doesn’t work for me. The reason is that SDL treats “-“ as a part of a number and I cannot use “-“ in my language.

For example Source: “5-10” > target: “od 5 do 10”. Number checker shows error because he concludes that “-10” is different form „10“. Is there any way to set a number checker in the way, that he would check only numbers without taking
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have noticed that when a sign “-“ is between two numbers, the number checker doesn’t work for me. The reason is that SDL treats “-“ as a part of a number and I cannot use “-“ in my language.

For example Source: “5-10” > target: “od 5 do 10”. Number checker shows error because he concludes that “-10” is different form „10“. Is there any way to set a number checker in the way, that he would check only numbers without taking “-“ sign in consideration?

Thank you
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numbers verification problem when there is "–" sign between two numbers (e.g. 5-10)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »