https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/159193-audiovisual_translation_and_job_opportunities.html

Audiovisual Translation and job opportunities
Thread poster: Cristina Ayuso (X)
Cristina Ayuso (X)
Cristina Ayuso (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2010

Hi everyone!

I finished the University Degree of Translation & Interpreting last year, and I specialized in Multimedia and Audiovisual Translation. I work as a freelance translator now, in a wide variety of fields, but I am too keen on Audiovisual translation to ignore it.

However, I seem to be a bit lost with regards to the job opportunities in this field.

I have been putting all my efforts to find projects in this field and I don't seem to find good opp
... See more
Hi everyone!

I finished the University Degree of Translation & Interpreting last year, and I specialized in Multimedia and Audiovisual Translation. I work as a freelance translator now, in a wide variety of fields, but I am too keen on Audiovisual translation to ignore it.

However, I seem to be a bit lost with regards to the job opportunities in this field.

I have been putting all my efforts to find projects in this field and I don't seem to find good opportunities or offers. I don't even know where else to look for more, and I would love to dedicate my time to this job, as I feel passion for it!

I wanted to ask you, professional translators who have experience or knowledge in this field, if you could give me some advice of where to go, or what to do, as this would at least give me a bit of hope.

I really look forward to hearing from you and your opinions!
Collapse

Paula Borges
Paula Borges  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:00
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
cannot help but... Mar 1, 2010

I recently finished a short course at University City of London on Subtitling, I'd love to hear more about it too.

Yohanes Sutopo
Yohanes Sutopo
Local time: 14:00
English to Indonesian
+ ...
a subtitling website Apr 2, 2010

Hi Cristina,

I've recently found this website: www.plymedia.com, they provide captioning and subtitling services. It seems their business is growing rapidly. I have just contacted them, and they responded friendly and positively. They say they're in need for translators for subtitling (in Japanese, Korean, Chinese or other languages).
Check it for youself.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Audiovisual Translation and job opportunities

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »