Thread poster: Kateřina Mlejnková
Kateřina Mlejnková
Kateřina Mlejnková
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:41
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 6, 2013

Please, did you make some research to compare some translation management systems available on market? Especially I am interested in Plunet, XTRF, QuaHill and Projetex.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Translation Management Software Mar 6, 2013

Hi Silvie,
they all have their pros and cons. I like QuaHill very much, but for me it's far too expensive. That's why I decided for Projetex back in 2006 and was a good move too. Projetex may not be packed with as many features as QuaHill, but it has done its job. And although Projetex is not web-based, it's very easy to set up a central server and connect multiple workstations.

Maria Janum
Maria Janum
Local time: 14:41
English to Danish
+ ...
Web based version - TranslationProjex Mar 14, 2013

Hi Sylvie,

We used Projetex which totally changed how we did our business. However, we added 3 PMs in different countries and setting up a server to manage this was beyond us....

So...we built our own system - TranslationProjex. It's aimed at small companies (typically freelancers who've decided to move up the food chain and start their own agency) and is v.v. easy to use.

PM me if you'd like a demo/free tri
... See more
Hi Sylvie,

We used Projetex which totally changed how we did our business. However, we added 3 PMs in different countries and setting up a server to manage this was beyond us....

So...we built our own system - TranslationProjex. It's aimed at small companies (typically freelancers who've decided to move up the food chain and start their own agency) and is v.v. easy to use.

PM me if you'd like a demo/free trial

TranslationProjex
Collapse

DianeSeaman
DianeSeaman
United Kingdom
Demo Translation Project Oct 2, 2013

Hi Sylvie

I work for a small translations agency (12 employees) and we are looking for a new system, to manage our projects and also deal with the customer invoices, freelancer invoices and show customer profitability.
Would you system be able to do this ?
If so, could you send me some information on it.
Many thanks
Diane.

Sajja Taemsamrn (TJ)
Sajja Taemsamrn (TJ)
Thailand
Local time: 21:41
English to Thai
+ ...
XTRF # We no longer use this software. Dec 6, 2013

We no longer use XTRF due to its complexity and complaints from many translators.

stealth_trans
stealth_trans
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:41
Member (2009)
Quahill review Feb 24, 2014

We've been using Quahill for around 6 months now and we've found that it thoroughly meets our needs and has greatly increased our efficiency.

We reviewed a number of systems such as XTRF and Plunet but decided Quahill was the system which was the most cost effective and provided us with the greatest amount of flexibility.

The support we've received since signing up has been fantastic and David and his team are always happy to consider improvements and addons to the soft
... See more
We've been using Quahill for around 6 months now and we've found that it thoroughly meets our needs and has greatly increased our efficiency.

We reviewed a number of systems such as XTRF and Plunet but decided Quahill was the system which was the most cost effective and provided us with the greatest amount of flexibility.

The support we've received since signing up has been fantastic and David and his team are always happy to consider improvements and addons to the software as requested.
Collapse

zappmedia
zappmedia  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
We are using OTM (Online Translation Manager) Mar 2, 2014

We are using OTM for more than 10 years now. Software as a service - nothing to install or to maintain. It's affordable (monthly license fees), reliable and most impotant nowadays: it offers secure connections to clients and translators everywhere.
OTM has been developed by the Language Service Provider Network (www.LSP.net).

TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
Local time: 09:41
English to Dutch
+ ...
Hercules Translation Project Management Mar 16, 2016

There is another web-based option, ideal for small to medium-sized translation companies: Hercules. It was originally built by me for a small translation company to replace XTRF. They have been using it for a year and are very happy with it. It's under active development and I am happy to add features on request.

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
Local time: 16:41
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Protemos Jul 25, 2016

You may also check this one: www.protemos.com
It's simple and web-based.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation management software - comparison

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »