Amy Reid
Amy Reid
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:50
French to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying for my Masters in Applied Translation Studies at the University of Leeds and need to find 2 x 4,500-5,000 word texts to translate over summer. I would be working in the language pairs FR-EN and IT-EN and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find some creative texts to translate - short stories, long journalistic articles, children's books, original fiction, etc.

I've tried Nuovi Argomenti and Ti racconto una fiabe for Ital
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying for my Masters in Applied Translation Studies at the University of Leeds and need to find 2 x 4,500-5,000 word texts to translate over summer. I would be working in the language pairs FR-EN and IT-EN and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find some creative texts to translate - short stories, long journalistic articles, children's books, original fiction, etc.

I've tried Nuovi Argomenti and Ti racconto una fiabe for Italian but can't seem to find any texts that are the correct length!

I'd appreciate any help whatsoever, I don't even know where to start!

Amy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Masters Extended Project Text

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »