Thread poster: Susanne Evens
Susanne Evens
Susanne Evens  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:43
German to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2016

Does anyone have any suggestions for a collaboration software between agencies, clients and translators for file sharing, editing, calendar functions and notes?
Thanks much.

Extra Consult
Extra Consult
Belgium
Local time: 08:43
Member (2008)
English
Online collaboration software Mar 17, 2016

Hi,

I've recently looked into this as it happens. It seems MS Sharepoint is the best solution at the moment, but is sadly very expensive. You could look into Sharepoint Online, though I have no experience with it.
Some cheaper alternatives that are coming up are Alfresco, Mojo Portal, Google for Work, Nuxeo,...I've tested some of these, but none of them are as comprehensive as Sharepoint.

Hope this at least points you in a direction to a solution.

Ge
... See more
Hi,

I've recently looked into this as it happens. It seems MS Sharepoint is the best solution at the moment, but is sadly very expensive. You could look into Sharepoint Online, though I have no experience with it.
Some cheaper alternatives that are coming up are Alfresco, Mojo Portal, Google for Work, Nuxeo,...I've tested some of these, but none of them are as comprehensive as Sharepoint.

Hope this at least points you in a direction to a solution.

Geert
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best collaboration software

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »