Netherlands
Local time: 19:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Tom Apr 28, 2016

Tom in London wrote:
Georgie Scott wrote:
He said it was Proz staff that contacted him.

No, he didn't. He wrote "Today I was contacted by a proz.com member".

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:53
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Didn't see Apr 28, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:

Tom in London wrote:
Georgie Scott wrote:
He said it was Proz staff that contacted him.

No, he didn't. He wrote "Today I was contacted by a proz.com member".

Oops -I didn't see that. I only read the original post. I have indeed heard that recently, Proz has become much more stringent about the type of comments it allows. I myself have not commented on any outsourcers for a very long time so I don't know what the current situation is. Certainly in commenting on an outsourcer it's important not to say anything that might be construed as potentially libellous. In some jurisdictions such as the United States, merely opening your mouth can lead to legal problems, so the approach taken by Proz is understandable. Alas, it makes the BlueBoard a rather weak vehicle.

[Edited at 2016-04-28 19:03 GMT]

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:53
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Not only threaten Apr 28, 2016

sailingshoes wrote:

Every so often commenters in the Italian forum have mentioned that at least one agency has contacted members threatening them with defamation action if they don't remove negative comments.

They did

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:53
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please send me the email you received Apr 29, 2016

Hello,

I'm just stepping in to say that it is possible that site staff will contact users about feedback entries at times. As Rudolf Vedo well said at http://www.proz.com/post/2547004#2547004 , staff does have an interest in the correct working of the site.

However, I don't know why you were contacted specifically so I cannot comment on that request. I see you submitted
... See more
Hello,

I'm just stepping in to say that it is possible that site staff will contact users about feedback entries at times. As Rudolf Vedo well said at http://www.proz.com/post/2547004#2547004 , staff does have an interest in the correct working of the site.

However, I don't know why you were contacted specifically so I cannot comment on that request. I see you submitted a support request yesterday to report this, but failed to provide more information when asked for it. Could you please forward the email you received to [email protected] ? That will help me look into this. Thank you!

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inquiry about my LWA feedback entry

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »