Thread poster: Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 1, 2016

Why is it that other similar services - e.g. Termium and Grand Dictionnaire - almost never slow down or go offline, while Eur-Lex is slow and stops working so often - almost every other evening lately?

After a slow service for more than 2 hours, I am now getting their multilingual sorry page once again tonight. I find it quite shameful and not normal. Is there anything that could be done to fix this?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:01
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Eur-Lex Aug 2, 2016

That’s not at all my experience, I haven’t had a single problem for a long time and I’m a very regular user… Anyway, you can’t compare the three as Eur-Lex is not a terminological database (it contains all EU law: treaties, international agreements, legislation, preparatory acts, etc.) and is available in 24 languages…

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:01
English to German
+ ...
Eur-Lex not available from time to time or sluggish Aug 2, 2016

Hi Luca,

Yes it's quite annoying that the ccc website is not available from time to time or sluggish. No idea for what reasons. Are they under attack??

Kind regards

Noe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Eur-Lex offline again

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »