Maciej Pomorski
Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:48
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
Sep 27, 2017

I have used the Across Search & Replace function on another screen while working on 2 screens. When I switched to the laptop screen only, the Search & Replace window is outside the boundaries of the screen and I cannot move it back to the screen. The usual "shift+right mouse button + moving the window with arrows" trick doesn't work because there is only one icon window visible for Across. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:48
German to Turkish
+ ...
Did you unplug the 2nd screen? Sep 27, 2017

Maciej Pomorski wrote:

I have used the Across Search & Replace function on another screen while working on 2 screens. When I switched to the laptop screen only, the Search & Replace window is outside the boundaries of the screen and I cannot move it back to the screen. The usual "shift+right mouse button + moving the window with arrows" trick doesn't work because there is only one icon window visible for Across. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you.

I had a similar problem with another program and unplugging the 2nd screen rather than just turning it off solved the issue.

Maciej Pomorski
Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not in Across Sep 27, 2017

Thank you for this suggestion. It does work for other programs but not for Across - the only thing that works is moving the S&R window from the second screen to the main screen before closing the software. But if you forgot to do it while leaving the office and you're at home without a second screen, you're grounded... Unless there is another solution.

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Restoring windows in Across Sep 28, 2017

Hi,
https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/310327-how_do_i_restore_the_default_screen_layout.html
might work for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search & Replace window missing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »