Blerta Alikaj
Blerta Alikaj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:58
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2012

Hello fellow translators,

Often I get inquiries for sworn/certified translations. After I explain that here in the US there are no national standards for Albanian translations, I offer my alternative: a sworn and notarized statement that accompanies the translation. Most are agreable but sometimes I lose clients over this issue.

I would like to know whether there are any Standardization tests or exams I can take and obtain certificates in Albanian=English translation. I
... See more
Hello fellow translators,

Often I get inquiries for sworn/certified translations. After I explain that here in the US there are no national standards for Albanian translations, I offer my alternative: a sworn and notarized statement that accompanies the translation. Most are agreable but sometimes I lose clients over this issue.

I would like to know whether there are any Standardization tests or exams I can take and obtain certificates in Albanian=English translation. I don't know much about European Union and Canadian Standards and I would appreciate any suggestions or links to sites.

Please feel free to post in English and Albanian.

Thank you and have a productive day.

Blerta
Collapse

Roland Lelaj
Roland Lelaj
Canada
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Certifikimi në Ontario, Kanada Jan 25, 2012

Përshëndetje Blerta,

Në provincën e Ontarios, ku unë jetoj, pranë ATIO-s (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario, www.atio.on.ca) mund të jepet një provim certifikimi një herë në vit, si për përkthyes ashtu edhe për interpreter.
Kjo certifikatë njihet edhe në provincat e tjera të Ontarios, me kusht që të jesh i anëtarësuar në Shoqatat përkatëse të këtyr
... See more
Përshëndetje Blerta,

Në provincën e Ontarios, ku unë jetoj, pranë ATIO-s (Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario, www.atio.on.ca) mund të jepet një provim certifikimi një herë në vit, si për përkthyes ashtu edhe për interpreter.
Kjo certifikatë njihet edhe në provincat e tjera të Ontarios, me kusht që të jesh i anëtarësuar në Shoqatat përkatëse të këtyre provincave duke paguar kuotën vjetore por pa nevojën e një provimi tjetër.

Lidhur me përkthimet nën betim, sipas përvojës sime, shpesh herë është ndjekur e njejta rrugë që përmend ti, shoqërimi i dokumentit të përkthyer me një affidavit të noterizuar nga një avokat.

Punë të mbarë.

[Edited at 2012-01-25 15:40 GMT]
Collapse

Blerta Alikaj
Blerta Alikaj  Identity Verified
United States
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Faleminderit Jan 26, 2012

Faleminderit Roland, Do ta kontrolloj patjetër. Po ndonjë test kombëtar për tërë Kanadanë nuk ka?
Gjithë të mirat,
Blerta

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Certificates and standards in Albanian Translations

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »