Equivalent of EZ Titles but for MAC
Thread poster: avp26
avp26
avp26
United Kingdom
Aug 18, 2014

Hello

I need a a software that will convert subtitles in PAC format to DFXP and that's compatible with MAC.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks!

Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
Local time: 06:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Annotation Edit Aug 18, 2014

Incredible software! Give it a try. http://www.zeitanker.com/content/tools/zeitanker_tools/zeitanker_annotation_edit/

adifrank
adifrank
United States
Seems impressive, but can't figure it out Mar 27, 2015

Hi Monica,
I downloaded a trial version of Annotation Edit and read through their Quick Start Manual.
I'm still having a hard time getting a grasp of how to use it.
I have attempted to contact zeitanker several times and their (very late) responses have not been very helpful (when they respond at all).
The software seems like it is very capable, but without a good manual - I'm just getting frustrated with having to deal with the steep learning curve.
I understand t
... See more
Hi Monica,
I downloaded a trial version of Annotation Edit and read through their Quick Start Manual.
I'm still having a hard time getting a grasp of how to use it.
I have attempted to contact zeitanker several times and their (very late) responses have not been very helpful (when they respond at all).
The software seems like it is very capable, but without a good manual - I'm just getting frustrated with having to deal with the steep learning curve.
I understand there are video tutorials. I've searched their website for those. The few I found covered more advanced topics and I couldn't locate tutorials that give you just the basics to get a handle on how to work with this software.
I should say that I am not a translator, but I would want to use this software to edit existing translations for subtitles.
Do you have any suggestions?
Am I missing where to find more comprehensive tutorials for this software that could help me out?

I plan to use this with Adobe Premiere.

Thanks!
Collapse

Elsa de Barros
Elsa de Barros
Netherlands
Local time: 06:46
English to French
+ ...
Any new software Equivalent t EZT for Mac? Nov 27, 2017

Hello, I saw that the last entry on this post was in 2015. Would there be news on this now in end 2017? I really would like t to be able to work on my Mac with a good subtitling program similar to EZTitles (but less expensive as well...)

Anita Danielewska

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:46
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Subtitle Edit Pro Feb 2, 2019

Hi Elsa,

Not sure if you found anything but I've been using a Mac app called Subtitle Edit Pro. It's pretty simple yet effective, in my opinion. I usually work on vendor's software but day to dat I use that software too. What I like about it is, ease of subtitle creation. You hold and drag the mouse to create timecoded subtitles. I use it to make SRT files. Cons, if you want to burn the subtitles in the movie, it is problem for now. I talked to guys, they were working on it. You can
... See more
Hi Elsa,

Not sure if you found anything but I've been using a Mac app called Subtitle Edit Pro. It's pretty simple yet effective, in my opinion. I usually work on vendor's software but day to dat I use that software too. What I like about it is, ease of subtitle creation. You hold and drag the mouse to create timecoded subtitles. I use it to make SRT files. Cons, if you want to burn the subtitles in the movie, it is problem for now. I talked to guys, they were working on it. You can't see the source file and and the target file at the same time. It is not a big problem. You can download the source SRT into the app, then delete sourece text (English) and put your translations (Turkish in my case). I bought it $19 -for good- a year ago I guess. http://www.finalsub.com/sep.html This is the website. Tell them you want to try first. They send trial version. Hope that helps.

Best,
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Feature request? Feb 2, 2019

avp26 wrote:

Hello

I need a a software that will convert subtitles in PAC format to DFXP and that's compatible with MAC.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks!

In response to a recent user's request, CafeTran Espresso 10 Croissant now offers:

▶ Support for subtitles (.itt and .srt file formats).

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000056902

Perhaps the developer is open to supporting the other file formats too? You can add a request for feature here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000053542 or here: https://www.proz.com/forum/cafetran_support-1154.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Equivalent of EZ Titles but for MAC

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »