Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:28
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 12, 2009

Hi all,

I was contacted to translate a text, consisting of aprox. 1000 words from Dutch into Spanish, supposedly by a well-established agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL. In reality the email is from somebody based in Egypt who uses the name of this agency.

I know other translators have been contacted to translate the text into 11 other languages which are mentioned in the text. If you´ve seen the text you know what I´m talking about.

Please contact me as soo
... See more
Hi all,

I was contacted to translate a text, consisting of aprox. 1000 words from Dutch into Spanish, supposedly by a well-established agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL. In reality the email is from somebody based in Egypt who uses the name of this agency.

I know other translators have been contacted to translate the text into 11 other languages which are mentioned in the text. If you´ve seen the text you know what I´m talking about.

Please contact me as soon as possible in order to inform the end-client.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2009-10-12 21:12 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam with Dutch > other languages job

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »