taxes and contributions?
Thread poster: Holly Nathan (X)
Holly Nathan (X)
Holly Nathan (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:13
Italian to English
Jan 22, 2011

I am trying to decide whether it is worth my while getting a partita IVA (regime dei minimi)........or just earning 5,000 euro doing lavoro occasionale, living on dry pasta and not buying any new clothes ever again for the rest of my life. To be quite honest, I haven't got a clue about any of it (despite having spoken to an accountant here in Italy about my options). I speak Italian very well, I understood what she was telling me (well.......) but I would really appreciate it if somebody could j... See more
I am trying to decide whether it is worth my while getting a partita IVA (regime dei minimi)........or just earning 5,000 euro doing lavoro occasionale, living on dry pasta and not buying any new clothes ever again for the rest of my life. To be quite honest, I haven't got a clue about any of it (despite having spoken to an accountant here in Italy about my options). I speak Italian very well, I understood what she was telling me (well.......) but I would really appreciate it if somebody could just tell me in English how complicated it really is and how many unpleasant surprises I should expect from the INPS (those cheeky little pixies).
From what I have understood I would do the following:
I make 20,000 euro in a year.
I deduct whatever costs I can think of and am allowed to
Whatever is left over I then take off a further 26,72 % (to pay the pixies)
I then take off a final 20% from whatever is left over
Gosh, what a lot. Is that correct?

Do I do all this in one go? at the end of the year?

Oh I am in Italy, by the way!

[Edited at 2011-01-22 21:15 GMT]
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:13
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
IVA and INPS Jan 23, 2011

What is IVA and what is INPS? Despite the paranthesis, I do not have much of a clue. I did not do any web search, by the way.

Holly Nathan (X)
Holly Nathan (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:13
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
italian taxes Jan 23, 2011

Lucky you, not knowing anything about it! I wish I didn't have to! It's italian taxes and national insurance contributions. stay away if you can!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

taxes and contributions?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »