Thread poster: Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
German to English
+ ...
Apr 14, 2011

Dear all,

A good friend of mine from New Zealand is currently living in Germany, but soon her visa will run out. She'd like to work as a teacher here, so that she can stay a little longer, but is wondering what the deal is with the freelance visa. Apparently, this exists for non-EU citizens, but I don't know anything much about it.

Is anyone familiar with this and if so could you share your experiences with me?

Thank you very much in advance!

... See more
Dear all,

A good friend of mine from New Zealand is currently living in Germany, but soon her visa will run out. She'd like to work as a teacher here, so that she can stay a little longer, but is wondering what the deal is with the freelance visa. Apparently, this exists for non-EU citizens, but I don't know anything much about it.

Is anyone familiar with this and if so could you share your experiences with me?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sarah Downing
Collapse

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Why don`t you visit Apr 14, 2011

the page of German embassy in New Zealand?

http://www.wellington.diplo.de/

Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:31
English to Dutch
+ ...
Try googling freelance cisa germany Apr 14, 2011

It got me this article: http://4dayvisa.tumblr.com/

Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:31
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tips ... Apr 14, 2011

Usually, I would be doing the research (if it were for me personally), but I promised her I'd ask and see if anyone has actually had any experience with this situation. That said, those links look like they might be quite promising. Thanks for posting them! I'll be sure to pass them on. My first thought was to Google it in German, but unfortunately my friend doesn't speak German, which would have meant time-consuming translation, so articles in English are definitely good!

Cheers,<
... See more
Usually, I would be doing the research (if it were for me personally), but I promised her I'd ask and see if anyone has actually had any experience with this situation. That said, those links look like they might be quite promising. Thanks for posting them! I'll be sure to pass them on. My first thought was to Google it in German, but unfortunately my friend doesn't speak German, which would have meant time-consuming translation, so articles in English are definitely good!

Cheers,

Sarah
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance visa for teachers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »