Accountant in Leeds, UK
Thread poster: Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
Local time: 22:34
English to French
Apr 27, 2013

Hi,

Does anyone know a good accountant in Leeds, UK ? Especially someone who could help me understand how to declare the money I receive in foreign (non sterling) currency ?

Feel free to answer me here or privately.

Thanks in advance !

Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.
Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:34
German to Italian
+ ...
Link of The Institute of Chartered Accountants Apr 28, 2013

Faustine Roux wrote:

Especially someone who could help me understand how to declare the money I receive in foreign (non sterling) currency ?

Please have a look at this link of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales about "Foreign currency issues":
http://www.icaew.com/~/media/Files/Technical/Tax/Tax%20news/TaxGuides/taxguide-4-11-foreign-currency-issues.pdf

Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
... Apr 28, 2013

Thank you Cristina,
but unfortunately, I think this document is a bit too complicated for me...

Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.
Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:34
German to Italian
+ ...
Declare the money credited to the beneficiary account (your account) Apr 29, 2013

You have to declare the money credited to the beneficiary account (your account), which may be less than what was paid due to bank fees and exchange rate.

Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
... Apr 29, 2013

Thank you, Cristina.

This is what I've been doing so far, but I seem to remember that it should be a bit more complicated than that. I read a thread here somewhere about that, but I can't find it anymore.

Will keep doing things simply, then.

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accountant in Leeds, UK

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »